[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Let's see those swiss rifles.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:14 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

How about some action here in the Swiss forum. I love shooting my K-31's and Zfk, can't get enough.

The newest addition, waiting for a SP brake.

Simple Sahli sight corrector.

The Furter corrector is both windage and elevation.

My favorite by far is the Zfk

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:26 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Not bad! I've a plain K31 and a concealed carry Vetterli.

And! As the noob with the most Enfields you have won a prestigious YW award! 8-) Your choice of kittys! Spayed and housebroken! :D

You have but to appear at #123 South Main St in Haystack, Nebr to claim your reward. :Dbounce:

Is this a cool forum or what! :jmp: SW

Attachments:
zVett1.jpg
zVett1.jpg [ 14.83 KiB | Viewed 12121 times ]
stinker1.jpg
stinker1.jpg [ 27 KiB | Viewed 12121 times ]
zzcutie1.JPG
zzcutie1.JPG [ 57.35 KiB | Viewed 12121 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:04 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for the kitty NebrHogger, one more well blend right in!
www.nwbengals.com
I have twenty one as of this AM, five well be going to their new homes in about two weeks and the others are all a week or less old, so mom's are doing all the work. My work starts in about three weeks.

A plain Jane karabiner is all you need for that X ring, now if I could just learn to be a better shot with the forward mounted sight.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:53 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Here's an old one

I have since added about 4 or so including a really nice '71 Vette

The bottom one has been fitted with e Buergin Device for us left handed shooters

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:53 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Lets see if I know my Swiss.
96/11
K-11
K31

I have the K-11 on the want list. How does it shot, I hear it's real close to the K-31. Can you shoot GP11 in the older two models?

Nice collection!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The top is an 1889
the rest you got

The K11 is on par with the K31 at least in my hands. The K31 being stronger & a bit more accurate with the extra barrel length in the overall size.

My favourite shooter is the 1911 (3rd one down)

I sure would love to have the Zfk 55 though :bigrin:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 am 
OUTLAW

T/C encore in 7.5X55 swiss #11 of 21 made out of the T/C custom shop. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I think I could go for the Encore.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Nice wood on the K you have Pete.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:48 am 
OUTLAW

thanks.it does have the name under the butt plate.thought that was kool.
whats nice on the encore is it has a long throat which is a big plus over the K-31.I haven't really pushed the encore yet on my reloads but it is alot stronger than the swiss actions.graf and sons had the barrels made by the T/C custom shop and they didn't sell well :-o I got the encore barrel for $199.00 on clearance :wink: :wink: :wink:.
pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:48 am 
Corporal
Corporal

My SP brake came yesterday along with the recoil pad adapter. Brake is well made and a perfect fit. It well stop raining by July I hope so I can go shoot this.

It well be interesting to see how this compares to my Zfk in performance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:34 am 
OUTLAW

you will have to excuse me here but what does the break do that will help accuracy or is it for recoil??.
pete

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:17 am 
Corporal
Corporal

The #1 job of the brake is recoil reduction, after 20-30 rounds I start to get a flinch. Several SP brake users have reported a very minor accuracy improvement reportedly from the change in barrel harmonics with the brake attached. The folks at Swiss Products have done a lot of testing of their products and have posted the results at http://theswissriflesdotcommessageboard ... /directory

Plus it makes me look younger.
:fny:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Midway finally shipped my recoil pad, little grinding to fit and now the stock fits right.

Hope to go shoot tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

1911 with matching bayo and tag.

1924 K11 with true K11 muzzle cap.

1893 (M93) carbine

69/71 Vetterli Stutzer with matching bayo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Very nice collection!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I have a few Swiss Rifles. This is my latest purchase and my only Long Swiss. It looks like someone was in the process of polishing all the metal. The receiver and bottom of the mag is very shiney now. It functions just fine and shoots quite well.

jeff

Attachments:
9611a.jpg
9611a.jpg [ 12.99 KiB | Viewed 11924 times ]
9611c.jpg
9611c.jpg [ 70.73 KiB | Viewed 11925 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:15 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Newbie from Nebraska...so far I only have one to show
1950 K31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 pm 
OUTLAW

the wood on that is in great cond.I am glad the beavers didn't get a hold of that one. :lol

welcome to the forum :welcome: :welcome:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

This post is whacking out my want list... ;)

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1