Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Let me start out by saying I am NOT a fan of sporterizing old rifles, but..................

I was driving my mom to a rare Thursday yard sale way out past the edge of town when I see this sign at a pawn shop saying military Mausers on sale for !130, so naturally I had to stop and look. Of course they had no German K98's at that price, just some Spanish and a Yugo. (And a Japanese, though the price was $250 on it) Then I saw it. A sporterized Karl Gustav with a Bushnell 3X9 scope on it at the !130 price. It was the good old 6.5X55 I've heard so many goood things about. So I pulled out the old debit card and she's mine now. I know NOTHING about Swedish Mausers. All I see is a stamped on date of 1908.

It has a black synthetic stock and see through scope mounts. It had a Bushnell 3X9 scope on it. I can't wait to get her to the range and see about all the legendary Swedish Mauser accuracy I've heard of all my life. For $130 for a scoped rifle, I had to give it a shot. (Pun intended)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:23 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Of course it doesn't just stop there. Bought 4 boxes of 6.5X55, swapped some .45 Colt brass for 49 new 6.5X55 brass cases, got a set of Lee Dies, and a Lee case length gage and shellholder.......

Because if I have a caliber, unless it's .22 LR I reload it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

What, no Lee crimp die? Tisk, Tisk, Tisk.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, the accuracy rumors are true.