[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Three Argy's and a Chileno

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:20 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Received some items from an on-line estate auction, which included two 1909 and one 1891 Argentine Mausers and a Chileno M95.

1909 Argy #1--all matching right down to the cleaning rod. Wood and metal very nice, receiver and bolt in the white.

1909 Argy #2--all matching right down to the cleaning rod EXCEPT, there are no numbers on the bolt handle (wonder why?), action in the white.

1891 Argentine--Wood and metal fine, all matching, including the cleaning rod. Crest buffed

The Chileno M95--Wood and metal excellent--all matching, including the cleaning rod. Crest buffed a bit, but still visible

Last edited by calfed on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:56 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Welcome to the forum.

And nice rifles!! I have only one Argi and its all matching with the crest but it has seen better days. But its a keeper because it was my first milsurp firearm from 17 years ago!!

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:18 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:44 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Yep

Same her, it will out last me in this age. My kids will have to deal with it a LONG time from now. I still shoot it once in a great while but I still have it and thats what counts.

I might have to dig that thing out tonight and do some bonding.

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

On the 1891, does the stock stop about 6-7 inches from the muzzle, and the blade front sight is right on the end of the barrel, pretty much square? I saw a long rifle and a carbine at a gunshop yesterday, but I thought they had been sporterized, both were in really nice shape, but I looked at so many, can't remember the prices

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:26 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Actually, the stock goes up to with in a few inches of the end of the barrell and the front sight is approximately a 1/2 inch recessed from the end of the barrel

This shows the stock, but not the end of the barrel. Over all barrel length should be a little over 29".

What you described sounds sporterized. I have a sporter

It is a fine shooter. Now that I have a full military 91 Argy, was thinking about turning it into a pig gun. Ballistics should approximate a .308.

FWIW, I paid about 100 dollars for the sporter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:33 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:07 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:14 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Well I thought I had close ups of the ol Argi but this is all I have. The only thing she has going for her is the crest and matching and a funny little brass tab on the stock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:55 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

They did Don,but I forget the exact lengths of each.The early contract ones by Loewe also lack the screw to secure the magazine as well. Calfed,your M95s crest probably wasn't buffed-I've seen lots of these,including some near new ones with weak crests.-TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:50 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant