[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - 7.65x53,,,or is it x54

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7.65x53,,,or is it x54
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:14 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

hi, i have read on various forums that belgium and argie 7.65 are one and the same but other folks say there is a slight diff in shoulder dimensions and if their dies are Bel and are reloading (forming ) for the argie they may need to "trim" a couple of thous off the bottom of the sizing die to make the Belgium sizer correct to form argie brass so it will chamber,,,.is this so??
just curios..... :twisted: :Dbounce: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Adrians, all of the dies I have seen are for the 'Argentine'. One way to find out for sure is to try it. There may be a slight difference in the rim diameter. If for some reason you have "Belgian" dies and it sets the shoulder back, it will blow out upon firing. Then you can just neck size (screw out the die a bit). As far as I know the Belgians called it the '54' and the Argies the '53'. Most surplus ammo you will find is '53' and new stuff is made by Prvi-Partisan for it.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:00 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

morning ,,, yer i thought i heard some chatter about diff shoulder something or other , but wasn't sure.
"watson we have some investigating to do". :crzy:

thanks et2ss.. :twisted: :duel: :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:41 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I have an OLD set of Belgian dies, and they worked just fine for Argentine ammo. I would even sell them. SW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:17 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:44 pm 

Let me see if I can find them... the reloading/gun room hasn't been straightened up for... a while. ;) SW

zCollezione1.jpg
zCollezione1.jpg [ 73.81 KiB | Viewed 10807 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

i would be more than happy to call that room home :D

heaven,,,,, just heaven :grin: :grin: :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 pm 

Lo & behold I actually found them! An old set of Pacific ( made right here in Nebr) "7.65 Belgian" dies. PM sent. SW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 pm 
Major
Major

The impotant question that has not been asked is do you have a Belgian or Argentine rifle and what kind is it? I don't know about the chambers and that is what really matters.
The only thing I know of any relivance is that IIRC the Belgian made barrels are tighter bored than the German barrels by .oo1-.002 in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:54 pm 

I used these dies on a Peruvian Mouser with a SIG barrel. Worked just fine. SW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

If need be a belt sander will do the job :lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:17 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:01 pm 

Belt sander??? Lathe??? The majority of life's little problems can be readily resolved with a good, old fashioned BFH! 8-) SW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:27 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:35 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....B ig F ****n' H ammer

.......... :rotflma: :grin: :hah: :fny: :grin: :jmp: ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

or in this case of this a big flat bastard file i think

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:27 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

0h i got it now ,yer BFH or "the persuader", nah BFH is better.
:twisted: :duel: :twisted: