Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

While I still have an adequate supply of rifle powder, I am critically short of pistol powder. None of the online stores,Graf, Midway et al, have any and the 5 B&M stores I've been to have any. Three gun shows have also been a waste of time. Well this weekend, there are 2 for me to try. There is a Bill Goodmans show in Cincinnati plus the show of shows in Louisville. Oh well, my little car will be piling the miles on this weekend.

"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

LGS had plenty of 700X so I've been using that for 38 Spl & 32 long. Wally had primers for a while - none now. I'll pick up another 1000 when they restock. SW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i just sold my supply of 700x to an ATA shot-gunner - now im rethinking with regret

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:35 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

I can see that. Right now, I wouldn't part with any pistol powder down here in O ho ho,. :-? The B&M's all seem to have a variety of rifle powder but seem to have forgotten how to stock pistol and shotgun supplies. You can buy all of the .223 Rem or any gauge shotgun shell however. Most everything else is on the shelf with a heroic price attached to it. I'm not buying at these prices. Here's hoping my trip to KY has a positive result. :Dbounce:

Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:46 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I am in the opposite situation. Enough pistol powder to last for years but can't get rifle powder.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:32 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Went to the show in Louisville. The only pistol powder in the hall was from a vendor selling MILSURP in 4 pound cans for $90.00. He stated that it was the equivalent of Power Pistol. I bought a can.
Now for some other observations: There was a plentiful supply of rifle powder from Hogdon and IMR. The other suppliers, not so much. Pricing ran the gamut from suggested retail to one Bat rastard who was at $35.00 a pound. Primers were abundant and all priced at suggested retail A very nice change.
Brass in standard commercial calibers was also plentiful and for the most part fairly priced. The old military calibers were scarce with only a few available.
MILSURP rifles were being priced in fantasy land. At last December's show, prices were dramatically lower than yesterday. Springfield trapdoors were going from $600.00 to $800.00. They were starting at $1,000.00 and going up from there.
The supply of .22 LR was very good and I hope the vendors who had it, took it all home. It seems that there was an agreement before the show started that the weekend price would $60.00a brick no matter what brand was involved. On a good note, I only saw 1 person walking around with a brick he had bought.

Victoria 1899

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:59 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....thanks for the report..... :Dbounce: .....kinda makes me feel justified for stocking up on all the .22 I did when it was still at 'normal' prices..... :-?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ITS A CONSPIRACY , the whole thing stinks , for years there was plenty , but suddenly when the dems tried [and failed] to take our guns , now - there is no ammo and reloading components ???? WTF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:34 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....if ya cant get the guns,ya simply find a way to make them unshootable ....all ya can do is use 'em as a club-then they will ban clubs... :roll: :-?