[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Fresh meat to attack or: I'm a newbe, please be nice

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:35 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

First of all, :welcome: :bigrin: Always glad to see noobs!

10.35 Italian Service Revolver is a piece of cake, I wrote that up in the BPCR forum.

As for Lugers, load them hot. Bullet shape and overall cartridge length are critical, too. I really shouldn't post what I used on the last Luger I had because it was well over any published data in my manuals.

To get a feel for that, I suggest looking over some old Gun Digests for GECO factory data. The Euro ammo is loaded way hotter than American.

I'll look around later on & see what I find that way. SW

Well... I thought I'd have a nice cake for your o-fficial welcome, but Rhonda seems to be having trouble frosting it. Nice girl, but she always need help with stuff like that.

Attachments:
zzRed.jpg
zzRed.jpg [ 24.77 KiB | Viewed 8329 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:50 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...welcome to the menagerie... :Dbounce: ....and relax...!!! :jmp: ....we arent like some of those "other" places with self anointed/appointed experts flaunting egos bigger than Obama who seem to enjoy dissecting new members with good honest questions :rotflma:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

welcome , we need some pictures -

and no you will not get accosted here unless you start it , we are just a bunch of good old .....ere , skip that old , guys and gals enjoying each others company :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:39 pm 

I looked around but couldn't find any factory data for DWM or RWS 9mm ammo. I dug out my oldest loading manuals & in Speer #8, it shows a 125 grain bullet with 7.0 grains of Herco for 1250 fps.

Which is darn hot. I'm not sure if Herco is even available anymore. I only use Bullseye & Titegroup for 9mm.

My hot load was 4.5 grains of Bullseye with a 124 grain fmj bullet. I've no idea of the velocity, but I suspect it wasn't 1250! Speer #8 shows a max of 4.8 grains of Bullseye & that sounds awful hot to me.

Definitely not for a S&W model 39!

But my load would cycle my mismatch mutt Erfurt Luger & that's all I cared about. I think the 124 gr fmj has the right profile & geometry to do well in a P-08.

For my BHP "Practical" with mucho mods, I use a 115 jhp and 4.5 grains of Titegroup. The Italian mags & feed ramp were factory modified for hollow points & it feeds them just fine. It's accurate, too. SW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:57 pm 

Posting pics 101: Easy as pie! 8-)

First you need pics in your computer's pic file. Then, look below the narrative window of your next post & you will see a browse prompt. Click on that and the contents of your pic file will appear.

Click on a pic you wish to attach to your post & the URL will appear in the window immediately to the left of "browse". The larger window below that is for any narrative you wish included with the pic.

Then click "add the file". Another window will pop up while the pic uploads to your post. The first one always takes longer.

If the pic doesn't appear the size you prefer, there is a link in the camp fire forum that enables you to resize pics. Click on the resize prompt and follow the few steps required to make the size you prefer. Either 350 or 600 work well in the format here.

We have a testing forum up towards the top for practicing.

*** huff, puff!** Thus endeth posting pics 101. SW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

?

there is no-one here that attacks in any way ,

we are some of the most helpful lot you will find , and there is a lot of knowledge here , some sits untapped until the right questions are asked , but everyone here will share willingly all of what they know ,

follow the directions for the photos and you will get some very good answers ,

i am not knowledgeable of this area so i shall leave that to those that are

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43 am 
Opinionated Old Fart

...now this just ain't fair!!! I nebber got no redheaded lovely when I came here...I'd'a had all that nasty old whipped cream cleaned off and her smile woulda been twice as big...

oh, well...life happens that way...welcome to the forum and we don't filet folks here...just a friendly jab or three sometimes...glad to have you amongst us!~!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:51 am 

Sheepdog,

Well, I aked our office help & none of them wanted to bake you a cake. Seems they are all doing the post-holiday diet thing now.

But Trixie is an amateur majician & she has performed a majic trick. Just for youuuuuuu. So you won't feel left out :rotflma: :crzy: :bigrin:

How in the world can she do this? I have NO idea! Obviously nothing up her sleeves... But I ain't looking too far! :-o SW

Attachments:
zSheep1.jpg
zSheep1.jpg [ 20.88 KiB | Viewed 8314 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:38 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Another :welcome: to you Jagerdad. Some do not like to admit that we are aging but I relish every birthday as that is another year that I am still amongst the living.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 am 
Opinionated Old Fart

...thanks, Buddy!!! I might just get over my dislike of warm beer...mercy!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:53 pm 

The mark above 1922 on your Bodeo might be a stylized MBT. Looks like that's who made it. Otherwise it will be the logo of whatever political dept used it. Like some city police dept or banking institution.

Railway station chiefs were authorized to buy a weapon. Most went with a handgun, and wouldn't I like to get one of those! SW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:05 pm 
Opinionated Old Fart

...so that's around a .40 revolver???looks potent...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:13 pm 

It's actually pretty wimpy. I've messed around shooting into wood by way of comparing penetration & a 44-40 is quite a bit stouter.

It's a round I would never try to hot rod, though. SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 am 

Ummm... how is it you have discovered you make people unhappy? I wouldn't read too much into what is said or unsaid.

I can't help decipher the knife. English, Russian & a smattering of Italian is about it for me. SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:08 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I'm still trying to understand that last post.. :welcome: You will do good here. Were all a bit strange. :welcome:

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:06 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....the reason for the post limit before selling is that we dont want to be a "drive-by" "FOR SALE" forum where people only post to sell or buy stuff and then never come back after the sale share their knowledge or learn some too...besides,folks are more apt to be interested and comfortable with a purchase or sale with someone thats been a forum member for some time... :Dbounce: