[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - DDAy Conneaut

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DDAy Conneaut
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

D Day reenactment in Conneaut, Ohio this weekend. There will be Veterans there. Its really neat. I hope some of you can attend. I am so excited I get to use a BAR! If anyone wants to hang out, you can find me with 29th Div. 115th regiment, Charlie Company. Eli

Post subject: Re: DDAy Conneaut
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...dang....you're at the other end of the state from me...... :-?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....hey Eli.....had a friend post the link for me to see on Facebook.....looks like it was great...!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:14 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

It was great! It sure felt awesome to spray that BAR at some krauts. They had an 88, it was our job to take it out. But I was behind a ways trying to clear a stuck casing, our top kick came by and hit the charging handle with the butt of his Carbine. That cleared it, and then I went through 120 rounds in about 2 minutes! We had 4 p51 mustangs and a B25 for air support. I talked to a vet that was in Pattons 5th. He said he hated when Patton came around because he had the shiniest helmet in the world and every sniper in Germany was looking for him. Thanks for posting that video.