Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Doctor Death" Nazi camp doctor 'died in 1992'
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

if this is true , i want to know who was helping him and why from 62 - 92 ?
.......................................................................................

Nazi camp doctor 'died in 1992'

ZDF said Aribert Heim died of cancer
Aribert Heim, one of the most wanted Nazi criminals, has been dead since 1992, German's ZDF television reports.

It says Heim, known as "Doctor Death" lived under a pseudonym and died in Egypt's capital, Cairo.

ZDF says it found Heim's passport and other personal documents in a hotel where he lived.

Heim was a concentration camp doctor and was accused of killing hundreds of concentration camp victims, using horrific medical experiments.

In its report, ZDF quoted witnesses, including Heim's son, as confirming that he died in 1992.

The German TV channel also said Heim had converted to Islam.

Leading Nazi hunter Efraim Zuroff from the Simon Wiesenthal Centre said he had not seen the documents found by ZDF.

But he added that if confirmed, the news would be "earth shattering", the Associated Press reports.

Heim was one of the last major Nazi fugitives believed to be still at large.

He is accused of carrying out horrible medical experiments on prisoners of the Mauthausen concentration camp in Austria during World War II.

After the war he lived in West Germany, working as a doctor.

He disappeared in 1962 when police opened an investigation into his past.

..........................................................................................

interesting link - hope it works

http://dokumentation.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhal ... .html?dr=1

Post subject: Re: "Doctor Death" Nazi camp doctor 'died in 1992'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I can understand why they wanted him so bad, but I don't know why they think that the death of a near 80 year old war criminal is so earth shattering. I understand that he is responsible for many atrocities in Mauthausen and they wanted him-BAD. Let's face facts, he was 78 yrs old. It was a sure thing. I find it ironic that they couldn't find him and he was practically under their noses, but they could find every assassin of the '72 Olympic games. I think it is more of a disappointment than anything. They feel as though they were cheated out of a chance to kill him themselves.

Worry not, he IS paying for the deeds he has done!

ImageImageImageCharlie...