[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Large WW2 photoset - 137 pics

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Large WW2 photoset - 137 pics
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:16 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

From the Russian perspective near the end of the war. Several of the pics are from Austria. As always with Russky war pics, some are posed - some appear actual combat. Various equipment from both sides is shown.

One of my faves is "Comrade soldat" catching a nap on what appears to be a lend-lease Harley. SW

http://www.webpark.ru/comment/49632

Post subject: Re: Large WW2 photoset - 137 pics
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:52 am 

Here's another link. Many of the pics are duplicates from the 1st link, but there are enough different to make it worth sorting through them. Many pics of a naval nature - more on combat many of which are graphic. Don't open the link if that sort of thing bothers you.

I also recommend you don't open any links you will see in the margin... that way leads to invasive pop-ups and snoopy cookies. SW

http://ifun.ru/view/74073

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:43 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....lotsa good ones in that batch... :bigrin: wish I could read the captions that show up when I hold my mouse over them... :lol

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm 

cut-n-paste 'em. I'll translate-ski! 8-) SW

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

In the first link, photo 15........That is one TALL comrade!!

Second link pics 123-125

Any clue as to what is going on there? Execution? Suicide?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 pm 

Murder - suicide by previous agreement. Guy on ground did the deal then plugged himself. Notice shell casings on ground. Adds new perspective to the cliche' "better dead than red". SW

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:19 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I bet that's what some East Berlin women wish they'd have done :-?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:49 pm 

Also some from the 'burbs of Leningrad & Mockba. Tough times all around. SW

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:34 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I'm sure some occured but were not encouraged or officially sanctioned like the sacking of Berlin. The Razi's had more of an Ideological zeal and "mixing with inferior races" more than likely wasn't part of it. When the bolsheviks where pushing the Germans back, Stalin promised the Rusky soldiers "the women of Germany" as an incentive to invade Germany faster and there was mass rape that was encouraged by the high command. East Prussia suffered over 2 million rapes in a period of 6 months. Berlin had over 60,000 in a period of 3 days and over 50,000 women & girls were raped during the overun of Budapest. Most of these would be gang rapes by Russian soldiers drunk off Vodka. They raped everything from pre-pubescent teens to elderly grandmothers.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:00 am 

Scenes are shown from Budapest. I believe one is the bridge between Buda & Pest that has been bombed. I also see a sign from Bucharest. 3rd pic down in the 1st link seems to be from Bosnia.

Is that fellow holding an M.95M?

And yes, Stalin left no stone unturned in ways to ensure Germany's defeat. Actually, he looked into having Hitler killed in Austria in 1938 but was so busy killing off his own people in purges, he didn't get around to giving his GRU guy - who had a viable bomb Hitler scenario - the go-ahead.

Would have saved everyone a lot of grief.

Very hard to say who was crazier between Stalin & uncle Schicklegruber. SW

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:23 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

No Doubt it all sucks :-?

Can't tell if it an "M" or not. I do see the stacking rod & mag well of an M95