[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Helicopter pics for Pete

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Helicopter pics for Pete
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

http://vasi.net/community/jeto_interesn ... toron.html

Here's your Russky counterparts servicing an Mi-8 ATMSh ( if I read the model designator right) I was surprised the blades are covered.

Looks like a new machine. SW

Post subject: Re: Helicopter pics for Pete
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:37 am 
OUTLAW

very kool thanks.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 pm 
OUTLAW

we did the same thing.its faster to pull the covers off than to de-ice the blades.

a herman nelson was great when they worked :twisted:

if you forgot to put the cover on the toilet bowl they would fill up with ice and snow.not a good thing to happen on a border alert.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:33 am 

We gaurded the air strip at Dong Ha on occasion & I recall the Cobra guys gassing their own machines up. Self serve JP-4 pumps I guess.

I clearly remember one occasion - some SF types located an entire NVA regiment tryin g to sneek into Northern I Corps after crossing the DMZ not far from Rockpile, IIRC. Word at the time was that the troops were complete noobs.

Cobras landed at Dong Ha pretty much all day to be reloaded with rockets, etc & gas up.

A blurb in Stars & Stripes said the regiment was virtually wiped out. Cobras & F-4s did the deal.

"Born in the North to die in the South." Worked for me. SW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:08 am 
OUTLAW

hogger I started out working on the AH-1G cobra.it was a bad ass helicopter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMH1zgQp ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye0fjkjYmOU

here is a pic of my dad when he dropped in for a vist.this one was coming out of phase maintenance.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i need that tarp for my 93 olds - you still got one of those ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:15 am 
OUTLAW

I had one but this damn blue monkey stole it :lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:25 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 am 
OUTLAW

Blue-Monkey-1.jpg
Blue-Monkey-1.jpg [ 306.52 KiB | Viewed 11421 times ]

wanted dead or alive.tarp thief with "gay" tendencies.last seen riding with a pink elephant heading towards ohio.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...not in my lil' piece of Ohio....the racoons would slap him silly first and then coyotes would use him as bait fer other critters.....now the rest of Ohio-i dunno :rotflma:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:52 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

I could always use some target practice.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:55 pm 
International Man of Mystery
International Man of Mystery

Hey Pete,

I found some pictures of helicopters that I took in Afghanistan.

This is the Russian MI-26(NATO codename HALO).
This helicopter usually flew for us (the Dutch) between Kandahar and Tarin Kowt.
I saw it twice in Kabul where I took this picture.

I took this picture of a MI-8(NATO codename HIP) at Kabul International Airport.

This is a picture of a MI-24 (NATO codename HIND).
This particular helicopter is owned by the Afghan Air Force.
The instructors were US.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:35 pm 
OUTLAW

kool pics martin.when I was over there in germany we went to northern germany and had air to air gunnery with the cobras.they shot at drones.the hind is so heavy it can't hover and if the cobras ever got into it with one that was the plan.the snake can hover and do 360's and hose them with the 20mm if it came down to it.we didn't have stingers until 92 and that was on the OH-58D.I got to go to stinger school that was a BLAST!.

pete

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:15 pm 

I'll never be able to find it now but I've seen pics of iron bombs hung on the hard points of a "krokodile".

It still amazes me Americans were teaching Afghans to fly Russky helicopters. SW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 pm 
OUTLAW

hogger if you ever go out to JRTC the army bought up a bunch of rookski helicopters and use them for opfor forces.that way the training is as real as it gets.they are built extra stout and are very heavy kind of like the T72. :D I had a bud bring back a relay buss bar off a shot down hind ;) .I was amazed at the size and weight of it.I thought it was crude compared to what we use.

http://www.jrtc-polk.army.mil/OPFOR/Hind.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:57 pm 

Lo & behold I did find the pic. Russkys dropping iron bombs from an M1-24. SW

Attachments:
zzIronbomb1.jpg
zzIronbomb1.jpg [ 5 KiB | Viewed 11409 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:14 pm 
OUTLAW

very kool. 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 pm 
OUTLAW

hogger check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SPkXcWj ... 7EE8C5726D

pic from work as a civi ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....comrades!!!...you for be comink fly vit me one of these-extra blade for insurance....muahhaahhaaaa :rotflma:

.....Ruski Hormone Class....I shot this pic back in April 76 as it was buzzing our ship....note Radoslav takink my peekture as I snap him... :bigrin:

Ruski Hormone chopperS.jpg
Ruski Hormone chopperS.jpg [ 377.02 KiB | Viewed 11398 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:52 pm 

That is one UGLY machine! The transmission for the counter-rotating blades must have been a mechanic's dream. SW