[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Propaganda

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Propaganda
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

They didn't like you much back then did they ?

:wink:

Brgds, A

Attachments:
Rus.jpg
Rus.jpg [ 72.3 KiB | Viewed 12826 times ]

Post subject: Re: Propaganda
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:00 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

guess not - funny , we didnt portray them that way :lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

The whole Gary Powers bit really pi$$ed in their Wheaties! ;) SW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 pm 
OUTLAW

we should have listened to PATTON

If it should be necessary for us to fight the Russians, the sooner we do it, the better.

The difficulty in understanding the Russian is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European, but an Asiatic and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinese or a Japanese. From what I have seen of them I have no particular desire to understand them except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other amiable characteristics, the Russians have no regard for human life and they are all out sons of bitches, barbarians, and chronic drunks.

I think he had it right.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:44 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...I betcha if Messiah Imam Obama was around back then he would've talked to them and made them our friends :Dbounce: ....just like he is now-and signing us off with that insane Nuclear treaty thats total appeasement.... :kap:

....there is no "smiley icon" available to do justice to what I would type following my above sarcastic comment

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:27 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yup - talked to em and made em our friends - what a great orater he is -NOT :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:48 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

BUT they were happy enough to accept the massive help from the U.S. during WWII.
Imho the worst political descision ever made.
(By your prez at that time I mean)
Stalin wound them all around his finger, shouted at them and they cowered in a corner. Then after he won the war (only possible with U.S. help) be happily continued to exterminate his own people. That guy murdered more jews and Russians than Hitler did, before and after WWII... Yep, on that point Patton was right, though you should not identify a people by it's leaders. Where would THAT put you now ? :hah:
Brgds, A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 am 
OUTLAW

Yep, on that point Patton was right, though you should not identify a people by it's leaders. Where would THAT put you now ? :hah:
Brgds, A

a world power with the most advanced technical weapons with a asshole at the controls.I have to add put there in office by brain dead liberals,homosexuals and union workers.2012 is coming and we are going to clean the bastards out.

oh and one thing your right if we wouldn't have kicked some ass y'all would be speaking russian.
I was often amazed living over there by all the anti-american feelings and the french were the worst. :-o

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:52 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

I concur.
Even nowadays in europe it's still "fashionable" and "politically correct" to be anti-American.
It used to be anti-Bush, but now it's just anti-American as your husein is "fashionable" and "politically correct", so it wouldn't do to be against HIM would it? :?
Brgds, A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 am 
OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Mark my words, the next war in europe we'll not fight it amongt ourselves, but against the arabs who are right now invading our countries "peacefully".
Do everibody a favour and don't elect some kenian village fool next time :cry:
Brgds, A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 am 
OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Yep, you're right again.
A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 am 
OUTLAW

Culturally, immigrants and their descendants have both adapted to the local culture and enriched it. Religion constitutes a fundamental dimension. Following the settlement of immigrants from primarily Muslim countries, for example, Islam has become the country's second-largest religion. This has forced new questions about the role of Islam in Belgian society.

http://www.migrationinformation.org/fea ... cfm?ID=164

http://www.euro-islam.info/country-profiles/belgium/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im with ya pete -

"true I just hope the next time y'all start killing each other off "again" we take a back seat to it and see how it works out. ;) "

this time we should step back and watch a while - let the democrats see what they created

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 pm 

I see the unrest has spread into Libya... Col Quadaffi has fallen from favor?? Looks like the moslem bro'hood is making a major power play. Which could turn into major bloodshed.

Then... if Quadaffi is a Col, what is the highest rank in the Libyan army? Major major? :lol SW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:21 am 
OUTLAW

I look at things a bit different than some people.when I was stationed over there in germany I lived as a german.I didn't stay in gov. quarters but rented a house out in a small town and lived like a german while down in feucht and later on in mainz finthen.I did my very best to learn german and not be the ugly american (or cdn) ;) .
even back in the late 70's early 80's the turks/muslims were a problem.they didn't want to be german they just wanted a job and the germans didn't have a problem with having a source of unskilled labor that I might add worked cheap.there isn't alot of germans that wanted to take out the trash or sweep the streets.then add the KinderGeld they were going to homestead there.free money is good money.
now lets flash fwd to the mid 80's and the muslims and terrorists.it has been a longtime problem in germany as they have their fair share of nut cases but this got bad in 1985.we had them cut the wire and try and blow our ammo/avn fuel dump.we had a SP/4 open up on a group of them one night on FA.every night we had jeeps patroling the housing areas with M60's if you remember it was "death to all americans" by the muslims.it came very close to sending the family members back to the U.S.as SOG I was posting troops every 2 hours with their basic combat load for patroling the housing areas and airfield.
they killed 2 G.I.'s during this time for their I.D. cards and thats when they blew the MB up and the airport at rhein main AFB.since I lived out in the village my commander let me take my sidearm home with me out of the armsroom. :-o

now just think of all the Billions of dollars we americans,brits cdn's ect spent over there to keep the evil empire at bay along with all the people lost doing their duty to keep europe free during those years.cold war :roll: I lost some good friends over there.
now about the anti-american SENTIMENT yes I have a problem with it.if it was up to me I would pull every troop we had in europe/korea/iraq ect out put them on the american/mexico border and let them kick some serious ass.
most of the people I know are very tired of US being the worlds policemen and paying the TAB for it.
and to all the ungrateful SOB's out there wanting to talk chit about america and americans.take care of your own shit.

http://users.skynet.be/jeeper/page53.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:57 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Amen brother. We need to take care of our own and the hell with taking care of others, who don't like us anyway.

A far as others who chose not to assimilate into OUR culture they can go right back where they came from and get to fixing their own third world chit holes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 pm 

http://ifun.ru/comments/173353

Here's an entire photoset of propaganda posters. The first 1/4 are anti-drinking - in the middle are some anti-American posters from the Stain era.

Ironically, there is a pro-England and USA poster among the WW2 stuff.

All are in Russian, but the ideas are pretty well gotten across. Big photoset - over 200 posters.

My fave is attached:

"Your lamp, Comrade Engineer!" Kinda choked me up! :crzy: :rotflma: SW

Attachments:
zzSuper6.jpg
zzSuper6.jpg [ 54.35 KiB | Viewed 12769 times ]