Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SLICKS, GUNSHIPS, SCOUTS, AND HOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:28 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

SLICKS, GUNSHIPS, SCOUTS, AND HOOKS

In the beginning, God created Slicks giving them the mission of Medivac,
rescue, resupply, and transport and he said this is good.
But the Slicks will need protection, so he created Gunships to protect the Slicks and he
said this is good.
But the Gunships needed targets, so he created Scouts to find targets for the Gunships and he said this is good.
Upon surveying his works. Then God realized he needed something special to move the artillery;resupply ammunition; carry sling loads of fuel and most everything else; and
to recover the Slicks, Gunships, and Scouts, and then he created Hooks.

God realized that he needed crews for his creations, so he populated the Slicks with the best and most disciplined Aviators, he populated the Gunships with lesser disciplined Aviators, and with what was left over he populated the Scouts, he then created a brotherhood of special pilots to fly
the Hooks, he looked upon his creations and said this good, now my Slicks will be properly protected and supported in their missions.

God spoke to the assembled Slicks, Gunships, Scouts, and Hooks, saying unto
them; go forth and support my most favored creation...the Grunts.

Post subject: Re: SLICKS, GUNSHIPS, SCOUTS, AND HOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

if the narative is so - then i will thank you for your service and thank you for joining us ,

but we are not so naive as to believe that miricles did not happen - even there , in those times , im glad you are here

my best friend in college lost his brother - shot down , i had not met him , my roomates brothers were there and decorated had dinner with them at his wedding and they did well in the service after general of the army and surgeon general of the army , two of my good friends came back to enjoy their GI bill rights and we were very close at school , one was very fortunate to have been able to do so , one of my current shooting friends was recipient of a medal for moving planes on a marine base when under fire , and another still gets quiet when TET comes up in conversation ,

do not think for a moment that we do not believe and respect , as well as feel very heartfelt thanks , it was what it was , but it is not forgotten , at least not in my home