[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - What was your favorite "C" Rat?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What was your favorite "C" Rat?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:48 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I use the word 'favorite' lightly of course. With that said, The "Sliced Pork & Juices" was one that I traded for any time I could. :grin:
Keep the "Ham & Eggs" away -- completely inedible :-?
The rest were mere fodder to put in your stomach. Better than nothing but that's about all.

Sure would like to have a bite of ol' 'Porky' though...
JohnB/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:00 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Any of the C-rats were better than the MREs with all that dehydrated crap in them.
Dehydrated beef and pork patties, dehydrated fruit. :( Total crap. I hope the newer ones are much better.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:11 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:31 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

"Remember when you opened the gourmet delights with your P-38 how there would be OD green shavings in the food? Lead-based paint? Peritonitis from the shavings?"

Geez, I thought that green stuff was either from the edge of my crusty & unhygenic P38, extra protein supplied by Uncle Sam, or else some kind of sulfide they slipped in to prevent V.D. ...which was totally unnecessary as there sure wasn't anything in my neck of the woods that romanceable, so to speak... :(
JohnB/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:19 pm 

The shavings were what your P-38 scraped off while cutting the metal.

Other food from Viet Nam: Foremost "milk". I do not recall ever opening a carton that was not spoiled. It was normally curdled with a brown sludge on the bottom... I would drink the spoiled chocolate milk on the rare occasions we got some. The choc. kind of hid the spoiled flavor... if you were REALLY hungry. :(

It permanently 'soured' me on milk, and I do not drink it to this day. I use a little on cereal & that's it. SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:19 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...well-not quite C rats,but onboard the carrier you never knew what you were gonna get...(remind me to tell you the story of the fake scrambled eggs and the cockroach... :roll: )............but after one particularly long day of briefings and flight ops,went down to the mess deck....chow hall was about to be shut down after dinner....got the last of what was left-in this case,hot dogs.........dang things were so bland it was like paper....tried to stick one with a fork and it just fell apart....thought it must've been sittin' in the bottom of the pot all day long-until it came time to dump my tray and stick it with the poor fellas doing the dishwashing...........passed a pile of cardboard boxes waiting to be thrown overboard(the Greenies would have a cow :-o )....there,on the side of the boxes were the usual official numbers and packing data-and suddenly my eye caught..." 100 count.....hot dog.....packing date -1951..."...........this occured on a 1974 Med Cruise......... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:31 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:30 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:11 am 
Feldmarschall
Feldmarschall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:09 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens, and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. We can never be safe till this is done." --Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe, 1813.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:08 pm