Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 35 years today
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i hear you - got me by a couple years but i was brought up in church on sunday and catholic school , if i didnt respect the adults my father would 'address' the issue with corporal punishment and i learned early what mattered as far as those that deserved respect and why ,

acquiring a SS card and draft card were obligations i was told were a my responsibility to my country , my folks felt strongly that their children be good americans early and always ,

its not common today , but some of us have raised ours the same way , i agree they are harder to see but they are there and my faith is in them ,

but i see the threats we are told not to by the PC crowd , and ive told them that it will be their generation that must deal with it , mine is slowly passing the baton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:26 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

A Square 10, it is good to know that there are still some of us left out there that can see the forrest for the trees. Liberalism
is corrupting our society and we need to get back to the old fashion principals. We now have a nation that is too easily pursuaded in the wrong direction. I never thought that I would see in America, a Nation that questions Flying our Flag, Pledge of Allegiance, Prayer in School, Religious terms like the use of Christmas and a host of other Politically Correct BS. I am not as optimistic as you are about the leaders of tomorrow. My age is the only reason I reluctantly would pass over the baton and unless the next elections change things, America as we know it will cease to exist. Scriptures: There will be a time that Good is interpreted as evil and evil as Good. God Help us All! Ron

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i hope that time is a couple faltering steps in the future , and ill add that in spite of my offering to allow the youth to carry the torch , i will retain a couple candles and the matches to light them just in case they forget - at least till they carry me out on the gurney

ive had the pleasure to meet many a returning young soldier/sailer/flyer in recent years , thats one thing the local rifle mfgr company did for them in this area - hired them with favor , and luckily ive known many a good man and woman that i would trust to stand here just as they did overseas ,

my concerns lie in those that think their teachers gave them an education by making them believe that average was good enough , or that PC was the most important viewpoint ,
those that think imitating convicts is cool and that drug dealers are businessmen , these scare me because i will need to lie vigilant to frame them as targets one day ,

this america we see today - its not that of previous generations , and thats OK , im certain the parents of the 'greatest generation' said much the same of their offspring - till they stood up and took on the world ,
i trust that ours will do the same , perhaps with more obstacles and perhaps with less enthusiasm but i dont think in the end they will shrink from what needs to be done ,

i live each day , today , in that belief , but i have my own defenses established in the firm understanding that i shall be the determining force in my own destiny and i will offer to my offspring the means to be their own should they require it ,

if it please God ill live to see them succeed ,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

From your statements you seem to be a philosophical and religious man. I hope that your optimistic views are more accurate them my pessimistic ones. However, you cannot ignore or excuse the obvious, and I openly state what I see and experience. We now have become a society were minorities and even illegal aliens our dictating standards that are contrary to the principals that founded this Nation. For more than 150 years America welcomed all to share in the blessings of this Nation by becoming productive American Citizens. This posture has been compromised by Politics/Politicians to gain votes for their party. It is evident through the legislation that has been suggested and implimented that Middle Class America will bare the financial burden to support programs which only benefit the least productive of our society. One saving factor may be in our young Military people as you suggest, but this is untested and
will they be influenced to accept Liberal concepts as compared to our founding fathers conservative constitutional views and writings. It is easier to bring down the standards then it is to raise them. We are suppose to progress up the latter of evalution but we are slipping downward. I love My Country, I salute Our Flag, I say the Pledge of allegiance, I worship my God in Prayer, and soon I may be the exception instead of the Norm. Best Regards, Ron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im not certain any would classify me as you have but i do both think and keep my faith close within myself , ive always been an optimist with a very healthy dose of reality to temper any fantasy that might overtake my reason ,

having said that - i put in when the opportunity presents itself to the youth i encounter , i must admit there are a few that have disappointed me but for the most part if you can get past the 'kid' in them they are fairly astute .......i hope ive not been over gracious in that , but so far .....so good ,

i thank you for all the rest - i am like you - its my daily dream for this country to be as you have portrayed and i agree with every word ,

i too fear todays immigrants dont come here thinking as yesterdays did nor will our enemies , and i do believe they are already among us , in every way i hope we will be able to deal with them , but my fears are like yours

and yes indeed the political elements are dead set on making the middle [shall we say working] class pay for it all - that is what the tea party movement is all about in spite of the politicians turning a blind eye and deaf ear ,

im in favor of a very political solution - vote the whole bunch out and start over with real people , i know its a bit utopian in concept but i believe it can be accomplished incrementally by taking out the worst first - the less evil may catch on and this we can do with intelligent young voters - just need to make sure we educate them correctly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:54 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

A Square 10: We share much in common. It is my honor to know you! We stand together in support of Our Nation and its Constitution. Stay Well my Friend. Ron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

right back at you sir