[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - The ATF sucks

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The ATF sucks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:04 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I sent in my app and payment info over 3 months ago, today I get a message on my answering machine that my card has declined, and they're sending my app back. I used my debit card and have money in that account, and I triple checked the numbers before I mailed it, so I know it's right. I called the woman who called me, surprise, she's out for the remainder of the week. So I press 0 to talk to someone else, after being on hold for 45 minutes, I got fed up and hung up.

They need to fire the whole lot of em and start over, I'm sooooo happy to being paying taxes for such shabby treatment. I'm soo friggin pissed right now, another week to get it, send it back and wait for another 3.5 months for some monkey to call and say there's something else wrong with it.

I see how they're trying to keep us from buying anything, now.

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:50 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.....man that sux :( ....maybe its the debit card thing....I've always sent mine with a czech,and never had a problem.... :roll: ....and out of the 3 times I've renewed it-the longest one took once was 6 weeks to the day-the others came even faster..... :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I've had one twice before, I kept them for the 3 years, and then took a couple years off. They were faster both times, but they give you the option of debit or credit card. I figure her being a govt employee, she was jsut too lazy to actually run the darn thing, and as long as she had the rest of the week off, she left early for the day. ANd I've seen alot of people on other boards complaining about the atf being slow. I hope the legislation to revamp the atf goes thru, they all need a kick in the seat.

Actually, even with out the license, it hasn't saved me much :lol

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

takes one to know one ? :lol :lol :lol :lol sorry , pete - couldnt resist :lol

i was only kiddin wif ya ;)

Post subject: Re: The ATF sucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

When I had to deal with getting a misspelling fixed on my 1st '03, I had to deal with a situation where only ONE person could fix it, and she as on vacation for a month. Finally after calling in several times and just gettin the run around and always transfered to her voice-mail, which was useless to me because she was out for a month, they finally heard me when I said... I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEBODY THAT CAN FIX THIS NOW!

Then I got put through to this old southern belle named Daisy who got things fixed in 5 minutes...

But before that, nothing but the run-around.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I didn't even know they would take a debit card. But wouldn't you also need to disclose your pin number? No way I would do that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

debit card can be used over the phone just like a credit card, no PIN needed.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:07 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

They took my debit card. I put the application in the mail on friday and they hit the account on monday. With the new check system it is almost instantaneous. I just hope they don't misspell mane name as they did on the envelope for the forms.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...well if they hit your card,then you may be fortunate and have a quick turn around and have a present in yer mailbox....my first one was 6 weeks from mailing to reciept...it showed up on 9-11-01.....another ironic twist....and I've saved the envelope to this day :-o