[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - South East Military Collectors Association (SEMCA)

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ya'lllllllllll have said there are no foolish question so there goes.. Coors, the man making the banner wants to know what font you used on the letters. Would you email to me or better still call at 662-719-8412. Thank you. riceone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Got a message back that it was being made and was really pretty. Let me share with you fellows the rest of the story. Linda had cancer in her right leg about 17 years ago and had to have it removed at the hip. Jim the man who own the printing company - his father was being treated at the same place as Linda - MB Anderson Clinic in Houston, Tx. They became friends and have kept in touch. A year ago her husband was diagnosed with cancer of the colon spread over into his liver and lungs. I go to church with Linda, her husband and three teenagers. Her car got in very bad shape and some of us had it fixted till there was nothing to fix. Jim found out she needed a car and found a nice Mercury SUV - made the down payment and sent to her here in Cleveland. We were visiting Linda and her husband the other night and Jim called. She told him about the banner I wanted and he told her that anyone who was a friend of her's would get the banner free. How is that for a heart warming story. There are still some very good people in this old troubled world. riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im still hoping , but its not looking good today , we shall see what next week brings , too many irons in the fire right now :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that was my plan as well - ive got thu-fri-and mon blocked off , but , im afraid i may get overridden by the demands of the job ,

ive not yet given up hope tho :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

A Square I sure hope you make it. Me and my men will start Monday getting everything cleaned up, tables in place and what ever we find needs to be done. Its been cold here last couple of day - around 40 with wind, thats cold down here. Might be toasty for you. Ya'll see my kitty cats you gona want one. I got seven and when I come and and start talking - here they come. They are alot of company. riceone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:45 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I looked up the weather for next Friday and Saturday and here tis. Looks like tipical weekend. roy

Friday: Windy 20% chance of showers Temp. H 40's L 20's

Saturday: Partly sunny 10% chance of showeres H 50's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:35 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You can come anytime you want a few will be here Thursday evening. Most will come Friday. Supper Friday night will be provided at the shop for every one. Saturday noon meal is provided at the shop for everyone. No charge for either. Festivities will last on Friday night till everyone goes to where they spend the night. Saturday morning will start soon as anyone show up. I live close by and last till. Saturday night those that are left will meet at a local resturant and we will all have supper together. Water and drinks furnished. For information purposes to ya'll that were not born here Supper is the meal at Night. If you need anything my phone number is 662-719-8412.

For those who have not been here, the meeting place is within 10 minutes of the motels and multitudes of place to eat. riceone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

LoLo what time you getting here Friday. Your cell phone number end in 64? riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well , im still at work too , and wont be able to get off tomarrow eather , ill be there in spirit , and try for next year , :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Its already started. Doss and Don Voigt showed up this evening and we started organizing. The banner came this evening and in the picture I am on the right and Doss White on the left. riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:21 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:52 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:42 pm 
International Man of Mystery
International Man of Mystery

Wow, that's a fantastic banner Roy.
I'm sure you will have a great meeting.
Wish I could be over there with you guys.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:50 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im here :( im sad that im not at the meet :-( and im glad youall are here to keep me company :D

perhaps next year will work out better :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sorry to hear that duane - glad i wasnt visiting this week tho - i dont need one of those :-?

im feeling OK with not going based on what got accomplished thursday and yesterday [my travel days] but not real happy with today -guess i might have known , and im hearing the travel might have been iffy si ill suck it up and wait till next year :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

We had a good meeting by there was a void with you guys not being here. Tired tonight will post some pictures tomorrow night. roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

will be looking forward to that roy, im really sad i didnt make it. i had fully intended to do it this year, i will next year for sure. i wont let myself get cornered without a backup.

i do so want to see that magnificent collection and the display that you all put on, i know its fantastic from the past years photos.

i also would love to shake the hands of as many of these great people i meet here every day as i can, its fine to visit here, but its like a phone call, there is something about a face to face that makes it all real -- i need to meet don and i need to meet you, and i need to meet robert, all for very personal reasons but i also need to meet all the other great people here for the simple reason of ill be a better person for knowing them in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i worked most of saturday , but i lazed yesterday