[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - 7.62 Enfeild

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7.62 Enfeild
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:05 am 
Captain
Captain

This is a new Enfeild....

Stamp'd;

RIFLE
7-62mm2A1
R.F.I

Im thinking India......

No magizine, nice trigger job, crossed flags stamped, painted black...nice bore too.....Black plastic stocks...with a sight marked I.C.R.1559 R.F.I.

I traded a fellow a Gallon of VES (Variable Exhaust System)2 cycle snowmachine oil for it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:41 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Ishapore Arsenal, nice shooters. Not sure how it will be for accuracy out of a military stock though. The stock applies upward pressure on the end of the barrel, important for consistent accuracy. Good news is any No1 MkIII stock will fit. Sets can be had pretty inexpensively

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:41 am 
Major
Major

Chip
The pic is a wee bit dark by about 3 fstops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:37 am 
Captain
Captain

Sorry guys, but I havent found my camera after my last trip...and it may be a bit before I get another.......sooooooooooooooo, like all things in life, that cheap lil' crappy decoy camera I bought for the kids carrys the load....sticky, cracked and alll :lol :lol :lol

Ishapore...there is a bolt thats holding the forestock to a band on the barrel. Even if were only a club, the price was good.
Does the stock set include front sight protector ears?
Migfht mention that the rear sight is a bit unusual to me...1 to 800meters I think, with a fine roller and a diengament/quick set knob on th e opposite of the fine adjuster....

It is slick, fast and nice to pull up on the shoulder. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Springfield Sporters should have stock set for around $30 including the metal

There is a spring loaded 'pillar' that is held up by the metal nosepiece. It puts the upward pressure on the barrel. (4-5 lbs at the muzzle)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:56 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

The stock set would not normally include the nose cap with the sight protector ears. It would however come with the metal parts on the handguards.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so they make him buy the metal bits seperate ? i thiught their stock sets were complete ....now im disapointed ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:22 pm 
Captain
Captain

Great info, guys!
I will restock it at that price, and I have a dozen "sleeves" of South African 7.62, Im thinking even an open one ;)
Thanks for the Heads up, Txpete, gotta stay in one pice. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:00 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Last stock set I got from ssporters was complete but without the front (muzzle) bedding pillar & spring, make sure you ask fro that when you call

www.ssporters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Ha! I just got one of these too! Welcome to the Club!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice rifles gents , look like a great buy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:14 pm 
Major
Major

A SQUARE,

I did not know you could read photograph in braille. OR maybe its just me, why is the room so dark?? :lol :lol :lol . Maybe if I turned the brightness on my screen up----now where is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i just turned the lights out and squinted thru my night vision goggles :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.