[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - My little project

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My little project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:54 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

This fall I had a bug for a new bike, you know, fuel injection....bigger engine. Then I realized that I just couldn't part with mine....'96 Heritage Softail that I had bought brand new, still in the crate....it has taken me a lot of places through every kind of weather you can imagine.....couldn't part with her. Next best thing.... Took off the stock leather bags and replaced them with hard bags from a 2010 police bike. All I have to do now is get a new seat, a one piece with no studs..sleek. Then just a few other pieces and I'll be good....cheaper than a new bike!

Post subject: Re: My little project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...if Ol Pete was still around he woulda done everything he possibly could have to help fix ya up... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes he would have , and he would have been good help - he was to many of us ,

having said that , i think you made a good choice , there comes a time when keeping what you have and adapting that ride to meet your needs , is not just practicle but comfortable , because you already know what you have and you can make it what you want ,

i miss mine when i visit here - if i had kept it , i would still be riding it ,

i traded it for this and never looked back

and although i have felt the tug and wanted the wind in my hair again i have found the strength to resist , but i envey big time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I do miss riding but I still have my bike. Been in the garage forever. Took a lot of trips on it though.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Yep....there is something about riding that just makes you feel damn good! Whether it's going over a 10,000 ft. summit in the sleet.....dodging a tornado or freezing your tush on the Going to the Sun highway in Glacier Park in the rain....when you come thru it in one piece there's that big smile and feeling of accomplishment.
"what an adventure.....and I'm still alive!"
What year is that Triumph Square 10? It does look like you traded for just a different kind of fun....nice

Herrmesser.....if it's still in the garage, I'm thinking you need to taker out and blow the dust off :lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

its a 73 , it replaced my 72

i sold it in fall 82 and bought the boat in spring 83 , im on its second engine , that photo was late summer 2010 IIRC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Ouch! So far I've been very lucky.....I hope my luck holds......you have to ride like nobody can see you.... Because a lot of times they don't. :ow:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes actually i did - this guy looked right in my eyes and turned left in front of me , luckily i was not going very fast , speedo froze at 5mph but +500lbs does not stop on a dime ,

tore the throttle off the bars and smashed it through the passenger window barely missed his wifes face [had nightmares of look on her face for a while] , pivoted off left wrist over the car and lit on my feet , was lucky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Yep....I'd say you were very lucky! It always amazes me how they can do that.....look you right in the eye and then pull right on out there.....I had some guy do that to me last September up in Estes Park....he just pulled out halfway though :lol .....the dork.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:36 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

The end of May my sister from Montana and her husband are coming through here, I'll add my bike to their trailer....and my friend Shelley's too....then we'll drive to Huntsville AL to my other sister's and ride from there down into Florida. The original plan was to ride to Key West but there just won't be enough time....not if you want to enjoy it.....so we'll just go as far as we can and enjoy the ride! This could be a real adventure if you consider the weather pattern already...hmmmm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Attachments:
Image365sm.JPG
Image365sm.JPG [ 187.87 KiB | Viewed 6935 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

agreed estes park is georgeous , ride to the sun in glacier is too ....

but that ride down through florida could be right nice , key west - one id love to do before i die