[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Ratter Merc

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ratter Merc
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

100 1/2 Ton Panel

I think this is a '59, but am not on solid ground with these.
They were rarely seen, even when they were new...

Lots of potential here. It would be worth it to complete the body work on this and re-paint.

Love this rocketry badging style.

The rear doors need a lot of work....

Decent size. A vehicle this big today would be on a 3/4 ton frame.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

Post subject: Re: Ratter Merc
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:01 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I've never seen a Mercury truck before. I also think it's a 1959. SW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:12 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i look out there and i see potential - you have potential , and you have potential , oh maybe not you ,

yet i think someone would see it and transform it if given the opportunity - ive seen worse turned to real beauties , not my cup of tea , but i do love the results ,

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:26 pm 

From ratter to nicer. 1955 Glass top Merc Monterrey. Classy! SW

car1.jpg
car1.jpg [ 86.27 KiB | Viewed 4400 times ]

car2.jpg
car2.jpg [ 110.76 KiB | Viewed 4400 times ]

car3.jpg
car3.jpg [ 97.16 KiB | Viewed 4400 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:38 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

That is nice.
There was a Canadian version minus the glass top, either Monarch, or Montcalm~ I don't remember which. All had the connie treatment for the spare tire.

The 2 speed automatic transmissions were not well received by those with a performance bent.
A lot ended up with 4 speed manual transmissions. I need to find out if that was a factory option or not...

There were a few of them here in the late 60's that had been re-built by their owners, and were incredibly quick off the line.

That horn ring stayed in Ford's stable for a long time- until the 64 model year if I remember rightly. My plane jane 61 had that same ring.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:03 pm 

The only bad part of the design was the metal dash. In my State Patrol days, I saw
some horrible injuries from them & no seat belts at nasty wrecks.

Had a 2 speed tranny in my 55 Dodge club coupe. What a dog! SW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:15 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I bonka'd my head on the dash of our '53 Bel-air in a panic stop.
I was 7 years old, and man, did I see stars :-o
Had a good egg there for a couple of days.
Say what you want about drum brakes- stand on them hard enough, and stuff will fly.
There weren't even lap belts in that old heap...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:04 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i dont remember belts till the 70s , when i was little , riding in the front seat with grandmother , she would violently swing her arm into us whenever she was hitting the breaks , never got to get that close to the dash ,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:20 pm 

Another rat rod. I don't think it was originally a pickup. SW

pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg [ 251.72 KiB | Viewed 4350 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:39 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ratractor???

Off this a.m.'s social media feed :P

Regards,

Doc Sharptail