[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Cruise Night

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cruise Night
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:34 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Road Runner.
Nice accurate restoration, except for the wheels.
A set of Cragars or Red Dots would do the car more justice than the modern aluminum shown.

Somebody's an aficiondo to go as far as the repro decals. Deep pockets.

Early and rare Olds 442 coupe.
This was the first car that actually really impressed me.
I had actually driven a blue block delta 88 a bit when the 442 hit the pavement.
I have to look this one up as I'm not entirely sure of the year.
Very nice restoration.

Edit:

It's a '67 model year with the hottest factory performance options available- the W-30 package.
Big block 400 4 bbl backed by a Muncie 4 speed manual transmission, and a limited slip differential, and of course dual exhaust. It covered the quarter mile in 14.2 seconds and reached 103 mph. to do so. 0-60 in 6.3 seconds.

Quite a car....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

Post subject: Re: Cruise Night
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i recognize that 67 , i had a 67 cutless back in the day the 330 was no slouch but that 442 was a go getter to be sure , parting with that car was one of my harder choices back when , i loved the ride

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:41 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ratter Pontiac of unknown vintage.

'57 Chev Nomad. Very nicely done. More restoration than customization.
Wheel wells extended for the get-going wheels and tires.
Shortened rear axle.
Custom steering wheel and column, and floor shifter.
Otherwise a ground up restoration.
I'll have more on this one in a bit if anyone's interested.

Dodge Charger SLE.

Everything I put into this thread is a local vehicle...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:57 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

A little more....

Not exactly sure what it was originally.

Cool repro hood ornkament.

I have a few more of this car to get resized and posted...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:54 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

A few more of the short body rod....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:04 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Think this is a '71 Polara. Definitely Dodge. It's in ratter mode...
Nikon D-200, 200mm f4 nikkor at 1/250 sec at f5.6, ISO 400.

Early 50's Chev 1/2 ton. Looks '53-ish to my eyes.
This was quite a crop. The lens was at the hard infinity stop.
About 350-400 yards distant.
Nikon D-200, 200mm f4 nikkor at 1/125 sec at f8, ISO 400.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i remember cruise nights , those were summer nights full of fun and expectations and some unforeseen consequences

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:18 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

'53 C-10 1/2 ton.
Got a soft spot for these.
This one lost the original turn lamps and front bumper somewhere along the line, as well as the external mirrors.

Those "D" rear pillar windows were a heck of a good idea.

Maxxed out on the rear spring shackle extensions.

An old name resurrected.
I still like the original spokey things better.

GTX convertible! by Plymouth.

Pre-Daytona "500".
This one still wears bias-belt tires in front.
Rears are big, modern Mickey T's.

Brace o' Chargers ;)

Early R/T, and a hide-away head-lights Charger variant I have not seen in better than 40 years...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

some really nice cars and trucks - never got into this but would love to have one now , nothing like a muscle car to get your heart throbbing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:00 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

My ride.

Attachments:
IMG_4817.JPG
IMG_4817.JPG [ 110.59 KiB | Viewed 13427 times ]

FJB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:25 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Hey Galaxieman. Rebel49 here about 80 miles west of you. Good seeing someone from IL. here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:27 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice looking car , hey reb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:14 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

FJB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:50 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ford Falcon wagon.
By the external turn signal indicator lamps on it, it's probably about a '61 model year.
This one appears to be un-messed with, except it wears radial tires.

Front view.

Rear lighting only external indicator lamp detail from front.

View from the rear.
That wrap glass is something else.
Another three on the tree.
I'm not sure if the back-up lamps are original.
On a vehicle this old, they are likely an after-market add on.

The drop window cranked from the outside.
Probably a fairly complicated multi-arm lock in there.

Falcon badging.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:21 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Thats a '63 Falcon. Those are just fender ornaments not turn indicators.
The back up lights look like '64 dealer installed ones but I dont know falcons as well as a friend of mine, he has had his '63 2door Falcon Futura since 1973. I'll ask him when he gets back from....ironically enough... the Falcon nationals in Tennessee tomorrow about the back up lights.
And yes, he drove his Falcon there as he does every year in any of the lower 48.

20200728_000058a.png
20200728_000058a.png [ 858.04 KiB | Viewed 13209 times ]

20200818_191507.png
20200818_191507.png [ 1 MiB | Viewed 13209 times ]

FJB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

It's a '63 Falcon with low line back up lights. The high end Squire had back up lights in the iddle of the tail lights.

FJB

Last edited by Galaxieman on Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:30 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Loved blues brothers.. I've used the address a couple times ... no one catches it in pa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:13 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

It's one of my all time favorites. My mom was an extra in a couple scenes, one was the bridge jump. She didn't want to venture to the south side herself so I went with, she was next to them as the cars were stopped for the bridge and for 1.5 seconds thru the tire smoke when Elwood takes off you can see the back of her '72 Maverick with the base for the CB antenna I put on it. I was on the other side where they landed. It was SOOOOOO FUCKING cool for a 16 year old motor head. Got to shake their hands when they got there, got to meet their stunt men and look over the jump car.
Back then my friends and I knew a lot of the filming location and figured out a bunch more over the years and visited them all. Some 30 years ago I drove for a local trucking company, three days a week one of my regular deliveries was at the Sears Tower and EVERY SINGLE time all the years I worked there, as I was driving down to lower Wacker I repeated the line "This is definitely lower Wacker drive". I currently live about 20 minutes from Wauconda where the big chase scene at the end where he crashed thru the guardrail and then the state police cars tumbled down an embankment and the one John Candy was in jumped into the truck> Every couple months or so I drive past that with my son, I'll say (his name) "Alex, Alex, I gotta pull over".

Another movie I reference a lot...when I place an order for pick up or have to give a name for an order (Taco Bell, Wendys and Jersey Mikes) I give them 'Abe Froman'. One time in all the years I've been doing that one person knew the name. That was just a couple months ago at a Jersey Mikes. I placed the order and the guy asked for my name, and asked me to repeat the last name, before I could answer the manager was who was doing something next to him repeated it for me, smiling. The first guy said, 'oh you know him.' Manager says, yeah, he's the sausage king of Chicago". We started laughing. The first guy and two other workers had a puzzled look on their faces. I said, 'it's a from a movie, he'll explain it to you later when your not busy.' I was a bit surprised as the manager was maybe early 30s. I have a t-shit that has "THE SAUSAGE KING OF CHICAGO" on it, occasionally I'll get some one giving me the thumbs up saying 'Ferris Beuller' and they're all at least mid 40's.

FJB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:45 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

'60 Plymouth Fury Tudor Hardtop.

Very nice car.
Owner saw the D-810 in my hands and popped the hood without asking.

There's what a brake master cylinder should look like.
Those of you who have worked on the late 80's Mopar ABS units will know what I'm talking about. Damn spiders!

Badging....

And factory Connie kit.

Interior view.
3 speed pushbutton auto transmission.
Forgive the hoodless glared shot.
All with D-810 and 50mm Nikkor H F2 at f5.6 and ISO 100.

Ol' '55 coupe.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail