[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - starting on the PROJECT

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: starting on the PROJECT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:24 pm 
Major
Major

bought me a 4wd s10 extended cab a while back for next to nothing

I have decided to completely strip it to frame. and redo it fresh engine
new paint the whole 9 yards. got a good start on teardown today

Off goes the rusty old bed

Frame needs a good blasting but is solid as a rock.

Cab and door got some minor rust but nothing serious

Got the whole front end tore down

Not bad for a afternoons work

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Man! You just dive right in don't ya :-o

Are you going to do sheet metal work on the cancer spots?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:06 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i know there are many who know there way around a project like this - but to me it looks overwhelming , i wouldnt know where to start looking for the fasteners that hold what you took off let alone how to get them out :(

good luck on this one - i know it will work out fine :grin:

of course id tear the entire roof off your house without much planning and know how to rebuild it :D

once a lifetime ago - my neighbors wife was complaining about the porch that was colapsing on their house and asked if i could help her husband [one of my good freinds] fix it ? sure - backed the buick up to it tied a chain around the column and pulled it out - we rebuilt it over the weekend - turned out great

Last edited by A square 10 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:24 pm 
Major
Major

Bruce... It depends on how bad the spots are after I sandblast them.
If too bad I cut the spot out and tig in a repair piece. (this is welding practice for my other project :) After owning s 10 trucks for several years I pretty much know them inside out upside down and backwards.

Mybusa.... I just knew someone would suggest an 8 swap. Problem is
I want to keep decent gas mileage While gaining the 4wd .
(I have shoehorned an 8 into an s 10 before along with twin turbos)
so I will do a master kit rebuild of the 2.8 that is in it. might cam it up a bit.
and do some tweaking but not much. Now if I wanted to I could make that
little 6cyl breathe fire I do know all the tricks but reliability and economy are
important on this build so I wont go far from stock.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:55 am 
Colonel
Colonel

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 pm 
Radio Communications Officer
Radio Communications Officer

This will be interesting to watch. Thanks for the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:59 pm 
Major
Major

Nope just have to finish the workshop so I have somewhere to tear down the motor

I never quit on a project !!!

Just haven't done much more on it to post about

GG

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:50 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Oh Don

Now stop it and have a little more patience!!

Gungrubber

We do expect some update in the next week!!!! :grin: :grin: