[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Traded 2 SxS's for a Single **UPDATE**

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Swapped for this with Tarawa. He wanted a couple of SxS's for his double rifle project & I've wanted one of these for some time. It's an oldie but a goody! A Greener MkIII Police gun chambered in 12/14 ga. It was made for issue to Egyptian colonial police forces & the weird bottleneck cartridge was supposed to prevent theft & use of conventional ammunition. The firing pin has 2 prongs which engage the annular groove in the bottom if the case head. I am still debating whether or not to have this converted to standard 12 ga. or to leave it as is.......................

Note that the ammo has 1950's headstamps!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Last edited by Et2ss on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

can it be converted safely ? id think reeming that bbl might reduce it to an unsafe condition , i like it - never seen one before , its one of those things id love to have but probably wouldnt spring for , congrats - it looks terrific

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:40 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:44 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I remember seeing those in shotgun news, they were offering either a 12 ga turkey gun, or left in the original config. Those are cool looking shells, might have to add one to my collection, another show coming up :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:30 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I never cease to be amazed at the variety of guns out there! I think you should leave it the way it is myself. But I always think that when I see something I've never seen before. :lol

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:19 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

UPDATE:

I won't be converting this on as I was able to find one already converted to 2-3/4" 12 ga. It had also been completely refinished. RustBlue, stocks etc. However I am stripping the finish & going to put on several coats of BLO. The tru-oil or whatever this is just doesn't look 'right'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:07 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I tried to get a full box of 25 original Greener shells at an auction a couple weeks ago,figuring Bruce might be interested,but quit bidding
at $40 since I wasn't sure how much I could soak Bruce for... :lol -TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Thanks :lol I'm good with what I have, I see them at $18 a pop at auction :-o . I won't be shooting the original one as now the 12 ga. 2-3/4" one is around :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:26 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

So have you fired the converted & cleaned up one yet?

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unfortunately no. I haven't been able to get to the range in quite some time. I'm always tied up with the kiddies. Trying to run the biz & play Mr. Mom makes Bruce a dull boy :lol