[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Conversion by Riceone

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:47 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Nice work! What are we creating?? Not an evil death ray gun!

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:18 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Now that's very cool!! That makes me think of making a Delisle Enfield which was a 45 acp bolt.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:21 pm 
Major
Major

cool conversion bet it's hell on tree rats!!!

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:34 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i really like that one , nice work roy

i need to think about converting an enfield

Post subject: Conversian
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:54 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Does not seem like its been almost four years. Don do you ever shoot it? Since then I have put a 410 barrel in a T99, built a 22 long rifle insert for a 1903 Springfield. Currently gathering up stuff for another project. I will take pictures as I go when I start. riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

and i shoot my 22 conversion you did for me , im contemplating another type project - ill watch your next with interest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:12 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I had the privilege and pleasure to shoot a T-99 .410 that Roy built for a good friend of mine a couple years back,extremely nice work and fun to play with, it shot very well also, in my opinion..Someday I must have one of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:54 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

DeFuc, who was your friend? roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:28 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I played with the one you brought Trey stancil at the shootout 2-3 years or so back ,ROY..I was the only guy that had brought .410 shell that year I think...May have been the year you straightend out the series 7 carbine ,but am not sure.Do you still have that T38/44 you built ?

Post subject: 410/99
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:07 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I still got the 44 I made up on a T38 action. Have put a 44 bayonet on the front of a T99 since then. Also used a T38 action to complet a Siamese T66? rifle in 8x52 R. Actions are the same just stamped different. For some reason a friend had all the parts for a 66 except the action and gave it all to me. That rifle I fixed for Trey, I tried to alter the action to feed the shotgun shell. Completely ruined the action but never got it to feed. Took another action and finished the project. Made one for Don an an M95 action and it will feed with just alittle help - if the cases were brass I beleve it would work fine. roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:09 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

If I ever get one I shall build brass ammo for it, I think that would work best in rifle conversions . Ive been meaning to build a few for my enfield conversion but have too many other projects at present.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:23 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Way too much going on right now, been running to and from milwaukee to be with my dad in the VA ICU ward. 350 miles each way, in a blizzard the night of the 17th, got back yesterday. Been a bad few months (since last spring actually) he fought lung cancer all summer and was good for about 3 months, got sick and they found it had spread to his brain now. I just got square with guys from back in June-July (Id owed one since the shootout) My head was all messed up from stress/tension all summer, got back on track a bit, and now am going insane again. I let every thing slide all spring/summer and now am dropping everything again. Sold off a lot of my collection to cover gas and bills back in the fall...well enough of my whining, I just cant consider any new undertakings right now..Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:01 am 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:34 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I took the barrel that was screwed out of the receiver cut it off right where the rear sight abutts the chamber dome. Bored it out to the exact size of the sight sleeve. Turned the 410 barrel to that dia so it would slide in tight. Put a set screw under the bottom of the chamber bulge to hold the barrel so I could headspace. When I had that done I drilled two 3/8" holes in the chamber dome at the 4 and 7 O'clock spots - drilled a little into the 410 barrel and then welded from the bottom of the holes out. I put a 7.7 barrel in a T38 carbine with threads as pins or weld would not hold the barrel and be safe. riceone.

By making the 410 barrel the same dia. you can slide the 7.7 rear sight back on that barrel. The taper what remains and put the front sight on. If I remember right on one 99/410 I had to cut the barrel off on both sides of the front sight and then bore the old barrel to fit the 410 as the 410 barrel was not large enough for the sight to fit on without the bushing of the old barrel. riceone again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:27 pm 
Major
Major

Thanks again Riceone your experience and expertise have been invaluable.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Forgot to tell you how I figured the headspace. I took the shot out of shells and fired them till the primer got right. Thats the reason for the set screw. I could adjust the barrel in and out till it was right. I then locked the set screw and drilled the holes. riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:13 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:22 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant