[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Re-barreling 30-30 to 25-35

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:54 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I have always wanted a 25/35. Bought two cases of ammo from a store going out of business. Sometime back bought a 94 win for the project. Just got around to ordering a 25 cal barrel and 25/35 chamber reamer.

Turning the end down a threading for the 94 receiver. The barrel is 13/16ths by 20 thread.

Barrel is ready to screw into reciever.

Barrel is in place ready to cut chamber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

since i cannot envision these cartriges i cant fully appreciate thi im sure , is this a change from obsolete to common round ?

Post subject: 25/35
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:49 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The 25/35 is just the 30/30 case necked down to 25 cal. Third edition of Hornady reloading manuel list for the 30/30 26.2 gr. of 4198 behind a 130 grain bullet at 2000 fps. 25/35, 27 gr. IMR 4320 behind a 117 gr. bullet at 2200 fps. When I was in highschool there was an old man in the community that had been a guard at the State Pen and he had a 25x35. It had been handled so much till it was bright and shinny all over. He loaned that rifle to one of my friends to hunt with. Ever since I have wanted one. riceone

Post subject: Chamber is Cut
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:59 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Had to take the action apart to fit the barrel, now its not being very cooperative in going back together. Ready for final headspace and then contour barrel. riceone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looking good , so do you use the same bolt , reciever , magazine ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:13 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Everything is the same except the barrel. Will not know about the feed till I get it all back together. But I don't expect any trouble. Fired it twice this evening. Everything looks good. Next is to contour and cut off the barrel. riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looking good

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:49 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Got the barrel profiled to fit all the old furniture. End cut to correct length and crowned. I will order correct sights, install and blue and be through. riceone.

Last edited by riceone on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:09 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Sure Will. roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:15 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wow - thats beautiful , id love one day to have one of these , great workmanship ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:11 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Nice looking job you have done there.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Moving along. Sights installed. riceone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

man , every time i see your work i get the awe struck feeling that im in the presence of unlimited ability [which i am] that is so beautiful , i cant imagine doing some of the stuff you are abnle to do - these would be lifetime endevors for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:20 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

On my way to Doss' the other day I stopped by Cleveland, Al and visited with a friend Ben Hayes. Ben is one of the better stock finishers inletters and such. I saw several of his rifle and asked who he go to blue his rifles. He showed me a can of VHT Self Priming Epoxy Paint - Satin Black Sp 652. He sprayed the guns and I tell you I thought they were blued. I have some of that on the way and will use that. I was up at Shelby this morning talking to the gunsmith there and he did not know about this paint but said he used a clear epoxy spray over gun blue - said for guns used hard where they needed bluing every two years of so, they would now last 5. So it must be common. Anyway we will know soon as thats what I will put on this rifle.

A Square I just takle every thing like I did the 95/410 shotgun for Don. Said I would do it and then figured out how. Pride won't let you give up or back down. riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I did not get my front sight just where I wanted it and did not have a tool to push it. One from Brownell with shipping was $65 and would have been last of next week getting here. Spent most of the day making one.
riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I have completed the refinishing of the stock and am waiting for the material to finish the metal with. Suppose to have it Tuesday. riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

AMAZING what somebody can do with the right set of tools! Looks great!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.