[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - 6.5 x 284 Project...........Update

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:00 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

I now have got everything I need to build it except the stock. I got the reamer in the mail today. I don't have quite $200 in it yet. Now I just need to find someone to finish it.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

Last edited by HerrMesser on Sat May 30, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:09 pm 
Major
Major

Herrmesser,

Where did you get all of your components. Is the barrel a swede. The action looks like a 98 large ring. The Reamer looks like it is TiN coated where did it come from?

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks like the fun is about to begin - keep us posted :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:46 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:59 am 
Major
Major

Is your Turk one of those with the small ring threads?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:04 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

The K Kale Turks all are small ring threads and I think the 03s also are small ring threads. That makes it easy to put a swede barrel on it and load it just a little hotter.

You can see the difference in this thread. The turk is on the right.

http://yesterdaysweapons.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2935

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:08 pm 
Major
Major

Should be a slam dunk with a little prussian blue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:11 pm 
Major
Major

I have BRNO that I am converting from 7x57 to 7x57 AI. That makes it easy to create brass and also adds velocity while lowering bolt thrust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:16 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

That ought to get it a little closer to a 284 win but the 280 rem has a lot more capacity. Speaking of 280 that would be an easy conversion from the 7x57 .

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 pm 
Major
Major

Rad,

Thanks for the info. I had been told earlier that some Turk models had an insert so that small ring barrels could be used in them, but there were so many varients I could not remember. The reason I am using the AI series is because of case length and some of the conversions use 7x57R so I can use one chamber reamer for both conversions. It makes working up loads easier. The only problem is that 7x57R from Norma is rather expensive so may be I can get some cheap S&B brass. I would consider .284 Winchester, but there is no rimmed version like 7x57, 8x57, 6.5x57. The 280 Remington case is too long and the oal is 3.2 + inches while my longest OAL can only be 3.015 inches. The 307 rim is too small darn it or I would consider it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:46 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

What are you wanting done to it? riceone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:18 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

I need to get the receiver drilled and tapped and the chamber reamed and head space set. The receiver has been D & T but off center so it should be done on a mill with an end mill as someone put screws in and ground them flush. I have a reamer also. The crown needs cut also.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:28 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I now have my 6.5/284 Twede finished but for a scope. Thanks to Roy for a fine job.

Rad

Attachments:
DSC01338_edited (Small).JPG
DSC01338_edited (Small).JPG [ 14.6 KiB | Viewed 9030 times ]
DSC01337_edited (Small).JPG
DSC01337_edited (Small).JPG [ 14.88 KiB | Viewed 9029 times ]

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:16 pm 
Major
Major

nice lookin rifle!!!!

now we need a target to go with it :bigrin:
GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:31 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I need to get a scope first then I will get targets.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member