Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Since this one was made entirely in Nepal, I wanted a light load. I used a .600 ball and 30.0 grains of AA 5744.

Which turned out to be pretty light! Cases were all sooty - all kinds of granular residue left in the barrel... but NO signs of pressure! Cases fell from the chamber.

I was concerned the firing pin was too long, but it was just right - no pierced primers.

I'm not sure what kind of wood was used for the stock but it seems light. No recoil from the mild load. No targets, either - this was a function test only.

So it's officially finished! :bigrin: Maybe one more coat of BLO - but not tonight.

I really like the Sniders - kinda like a Brit trap door.

Also shown are two pics from fitting the buttplate. The old screw holes didn't line up so I drilled them out and epoxy glued in oak dowel. I got it close to right and had to pound the dowel in. Solid as a rock 2 days later! Then I trimmed and ground down the dowels - put the new butt plate against the stock & carefully marked where the screws would go - drilled & they lined up perfectly. Which would not have happened if the old holes had not been plugged.

Details! It's all about details. :Thnku: SW

Attachments:
zzSnider.jpg
zzSnider.jpg [ 17.09 KiB | Viewed 3167 times ]
z1892 010.jpg
z1892 010.jpg [ 110.18 KiB | Viewed 3167 times ]
z1892 009.jpg
z1892 009.jpg [ 106.48 KiB | Viewed 3167 times ]