[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - cannon progress............

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:49 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I picked up the wood from the Amish workshop yesterday. the bolt holes and general cuts were made pretty well....i will have to get more sandpaper to final finish it....and it's TOO hot outside anyway to sand!!!
the next step will be when I take it to the Amish blacksmith to get the bands and plates made~i will need to save up the $$$ for all the bolts and nuts needed at this stage.....then i will work on the paint~ the last step and the MOST $$$ will be the wheels/axle.......... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Kaintuck,looks good.Is it a full scale?My cousin made one years back.His is full scale.What type barrel are you planning on putting on it?My cousin's is what I call a Napoleon six pounder I believe.I like the Parrott's and the Ordnance Rifles also.He said the hardest part for him was the wheels.He bought a set of plans from Dixie Gunworks to build his by.They look just like building blueprints.When I get a chance,I'll try to get some pictures.

Last edited by Rifleman on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:36 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This is the barrel style my cousin used on his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:33 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

You could put a scope on it and I bet it would make a mighty fine deer gun, ;) Only problem it might be a bit heavy to get in a deer stand. :-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:53 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Forget the deer stand what about what would be left of the deer!!!!! :? :?

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:38 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

............processed burger..?? :oops: :-? :roll: :lol ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Any cannon news is good cannon news. ;)

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:44 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

OK so its not as nice as the one you are building but this was one that some farmer had built.

And what do you think it fires??????????? :? :? :? :?

Yes you may have guessed :grin: or may not have :-o :-o

We got the call that someone had been hearing screams after hearing load explosions. The farmer said he uses it to scare birds out of the rice fields. The screams came from the holes in the bowling balls. Another sad thing from housing moving onto farm land. The farmer had been making these for years.

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:14 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I'll be looking for those!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so how do you get amish craftsman to work on a firearm related project ? i realise you could give him plans for a part and so on , but did he not give you 'the look' wnen you handed him the drawing ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:31 pm 
Captain
Captain

Be Honest...
Tell that Amish fellow its for fun. :D

I know two Mennenite folks, the Lighties, in Kotzebue who own dozens of guns, and you should see the Homemade/custome stocks and knifes he makes...sweet. ;) Reloads his own too.He also makes his own tools, and THATS interesting to me.

Im thinking their along the lines of "Hunting or fun only" when it comes to firearms ownership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

had a menonite living in the dorm room next to mine in college 2nd year , was very into boones farm wine - loose women - BBKing , and not in any direct order , but the amish i knew in the iowa city area were into furnitue - not gunstocks & cannon caisons

BTW i like the idea of shooting bowling balls out over the horizon , and a bit of screeming would add a lot to the experience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

You'd be suprised how easy it is to get bowling balls for cheap at garage sales in the summer... Actually I've amassed quite a collection (okay, like 5) I don't know "what" I'll do with them, but something like this is certainly in the back of my mind every time I hand over my 50¢

:lol :lol :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Those Amish folks around here go nuts for gun stuff! I was at an auction in Amish country where someone had taken an SKS (Yugo about $89 at the time) and slapped it into a plastic fixed folder stock, had a front AR style of grip on it etc. (looked cheap & ugly as sin) Those Amish blokes had that thing bid up to almost $300 :-o I guess they are deprived when it comes to modern guns?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:01 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General