[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Ruger pellet pistol

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruger pellet pistol
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:35 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

In a moment of weakness and a winning scratch card I bought one of the Umarex Ruger .177 single shots. Just got it a few minutes ago and fired a quick accuracy target... that I forgot to photograph, but it certainly has accuracy potential!

In reviews, I read others complain long & loud about the trigger. There are even a couple YT vids how to address that. I think I'll try "shooting it in" before I do anything drastic.

It's a little heavier than I prefer, but I've shot a lot worse. Tomorrow I'll go for final sight in and shoot for group. So far I really like it! :bigrin:

Shown with the real deal for comparison. SW
IMG_0134 (2).JPG
IMG_0134 (2).JPG [ 81.32 KiB | Viewed 3773 times ]

Attachments:
IMG_0137 (2).JPG
IMG_0137 (2).JPG [ 99.85 KiB | Viewed 3773 times ]

Post subject: Re: Ruger pellet pistol
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:40 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

well is does look a lot like a Mk IV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:12 pm 

Got it sighted in. All groups on white were shot at 10'. Had a difficult time with elevation, but it finally shot where I was looking.

Fired around 75 rounds after which it seemed to break open a lot easier. Trigger pull improved slightly. A lighter sear spring might help things - maybe amputate a coil and give it a try.

Top left black dot was the 1st group. Shot 4 more with the bottom left being close enough for RR work. The patch of blue tape was 6 paces away. I won't win many national match tournaments with this, but I think it will be 'minute of green plastic soldier'!
IMG_0139 (4).JPG
IMG_0139 (4).JPG [ 43.63 KiB | Viewed 3761 times ]

So far I'm still liking it a lot! :bigrin: Far from ideal, but for a fast $50, I'm not going to complain too loudly. SW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:04 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I'd be interested in the velocity.
It was advertized here as mid to upper 300's fps.

Replica handguns are impossible to obtain here- everybody sold out last fall in anticipation of the firearms control bill becoming law.
I briefly considered one due to the pricing, but passed due to the low velocity.
It would end up languishing in the closet without being shot, like a lot of my CO-2 pistols, even though it's a springer.
Word around is that they like the 6.9 gr RWS hobby wadcutter pellet.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:08 pm 

No chronograph outside yet - still a few drifts... which won't be going away since another blizzard is coming tonight. :roll:

As for pellets, I started with Daisy pointed -7.9 grains, I think. This being a very rural place, there isn't much of a variety on shelves here. But while getting birdseed at the tractor supply place I did score a tin of Daisy flat points. Made in Spain which I found odd.

The more I shoot this Ruger clone the more I like it! Pyramid has been sending freebie tiny silhouette targets with purchase, and I've been having a hoot with those. Like full size targets, chickens really go flying, and turks aren't that easy to hit. Worked my way through most of a 250 count tin already. I'll see how the flat points do after I get a workout with the snow blower tomorrow. SW

IMG_0145 (2).JPG
IMG_0145 (2).JPG [ 72.66 KiB | Viewed 3743 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:25 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I've used the daisy wad-cutters before- likely an earlier made in chine variant.
Flyer ratio was about 1-10, 1-15, which is about expected for an economy class pellet.
If your pellets are made in Spain, there's a good possibility they are re-branded Gamo's, which ain't necessarily a bad idea.

Odd looking "grips" on the pistol shown.
Are the sights fibre optic at all?

I should contribute a little more here and get some pix-up, likely a bit later.
I have another old nikkor to convert for the D-810...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:12 pm 

It has a fiber optic front - regular rear. But if I get my trifocals lined up right, I still get a good sight picture. Grip angle is the same as on my Mk II. I do prefer the MkIV 22/45 grip-wise. SW