[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Hello from Virginia

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm 
PFC
PFC

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen
You can call me Sam. I hail originally from Macon Georgia, and now make my home with my Wife in Hopewell VA I retired from the Navy 5 years ago, and the Mrs got me a job as a Conservation Officer She herself is former Navy and at present owns her own Business. I am also a licensed Collector, and concentrate on British and American weapons. At My wife's request I do not put up pictures of them on the internet. My wife and I are very private people. I hope you'll all understand.

Post subject: Re: Hello from Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Howdy Sam.

Welcome to the forum! Hang around a while, you won't find a better bunch of folks. What'd ya do in the Nav? There are a few of us ex-squids here as well.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 am 
The Knife
The Knife

:welcome: Sam, pull up a chair and set a spell. The ole pot bellied stove is always stoked and has a pot of coffee brewing.

We do post pictures of our collectables and some blot out the numbers though. :ttiwwp:

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:34 pm 
PFC
PFC

Got a late, but long lunch, and decided to stop home.Attending some work shops on updated regulations. Have to be back at 1400.ET2ss I spent over half of my career in Naval Security, and the remaining years as Senior Cadre in Great Lakes NTC. I hit 20 and decided that I'd had enough. Herr Messer I'm sorry but this is a matter of personal preference I ask you to respect my wishes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:24 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Hello Sam.

A big welcome from the other side of the pond.
I do post pictures of some of the weapons in my collection, but I don't post any pictures of me on any of the forums that I'm a member of.
Too bad about the pictures, but I understand.
I hope you are going to like this place as much as I do.
Lots of good people in here.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

welcome sam , we look forward to your input , you will find us a pretty ecclectic group , a few of us collect in the same area as you , i have posted photos of mine ,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

No one says you have to post pics.

Just remember if there aren't pictures........it didn't happen :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:16 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

........what about videos...??? :thnk:

:rotflma: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 pm 
PFC
PFC

To Dutch Mosin
Martin for a small country you guys have a rather impressive Armed Forces.
I have had the honor of working alongside the Dutch Navy. They are darn good Sailors I have the greatest respect for your people

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 am 

Thank you Sam.
I guess for a small country we do OK.
Maybe a bit more than that.
I understand your opinion about our Navy.
Just check our history and you’ll find out our Navy started way back.
I also believe that we have very capable people working in our Armed Forces.
IMHO we have the capability to adapt very quickly.
I guess that makes us big…….not number wise.
Just looking at the numbers we would fit in your back pocket. :bigrin:

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Hey I do understand Sam. It's just some of us will post pics and some don't.

Thank you for your service.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:55 pm 
PFC
PFC

Thank you for the welcome Folks Now how do I go about getting my own Avatar?
If someone could elighten me about this I would be most appreciative

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:52 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

If you send me a PM i can set you up. e-mail through the board even. I can edit a picture down to size & put it up in the choice of board avatars for you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:20 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:25 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

or buy all my span-am rifles , im selling them off