[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Howdy...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howdy...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 pm 
Opinionated Old Fart

...and thanks for the invite, Pete...been readin' a bit and met one fine-lookin' redhead already...oh, guns...that's right...guns...well, I like 'em...don't know a lot about the oldies(earlier than the 60s...)but I see I can learn more here!!! Nice place you got here...I'll wipe my paws when I come in!!!

Post subject: Re: Howdy...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

welcome - glad you joined us , not certain but i think you might be the only one wiping your paws in this crowd , but i could be wrong ....i was once ...a long time ago ........and that was someone elses fault , :jmp:

there is lots to learn , and some very knowledgeable folks among us , there are those of us that enjoy after 60s firearms so lets start talking about them , im in - with a limited knowledge

if you know pete - you will be right at home here , and accepted immediately as good people

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 pm 
Opinionated Old Fart

...honored to know Pete...and he's not really a retired Kirby vaccuum cleaner salesman...really, he's not...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

doesnt really matter as long as he i retired - right ?

a lucky man there as some of us will work till we tip over because we were foolish and did not save when we were young - not the advice i give my children[young adults] or yours :-(

and he is a fine man to know - even if only over the internet , which i hope to correct before i die

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:52 pm 
Opinionated Old Fart

...I joined the right club...I'll die with my tools in my hand...Mama'll see to it!!! I never thought I'd be old...
...got to spend part of a day with Pete at the Texas Ranger Museum...relieved him of a handgun he didn't know he didn't want till I told him...fine fellow and fair...keep hearin' he's got this wonderful wife but I haven't seen the proof...

... A square 10...didn't wanna track up your for sale thread, but that's a bada$$ rifle...sharp!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:58 pm 
OUTLAW

I would like to see a yesterdays shoot sometime where we can get together and go plinking.
I am going to do my best to get ol sheepdog shooting MN's and get him hooked.

pete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:01 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

not met his wife either , but i cannot imagine she is not all that you have heard , ive poked fun at him about his truck and her car but come to find out it was not exactly as it sounded .....he is a fare man in every dealing and an honest one , not to mention a very generous person as well ,

im quite certain he has hog to roast - maybe we should all drop by to say hey and make him cook some ?

just kiddin pete , but one day i would like to hunt one and then BBQ the results , i do love pork

do not fret on the WTS thread its as much fun to talk about as to shoot

Last edited by A square 10 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:04 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....Howdy SD... ;) :Dbounce: ...welcome to the Kennel here... :rotflma:

....hey Pete-we've HAD Yesterday's shoots
...lookie in the campfire section :roll: ......they've been in O-hio,but you werent here... :rotflma:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes - but all of us have not been there yet mario - some of us are looking forward to meeting you & your BETTER half

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:33 am 
OUTLAW

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 am 
The Knife
The Knife

And another :welcome: to you SD.

Marines aren't all bad as one of my sons retired from the marines.

Now if we can only get the east side of Ohio to join our shoots.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Glad you stopped by SD! I can vouch for Lady Di, she is as sweet as Pete is Ornery :lol One Day Ole' Pete, Di, Myself & my better half will get together for that beer Pete promised me :drnk:

Maybe next July @ Mid Ohio Vintage Motorcycle days :Dbounce: (hint*hint)

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:02 pm 
Opinionated Old Fart

...Pete couldn't come to Ohio 'cause they said his passport photo don't match his mug anymore...wonder which one changed...