[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Resizing Beaumont cases

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Resizing Beaumont cases
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Hello all.

After shooting my Beaumont rifle I noticed that the cases needed to be resized.
I do not have the necessary funds to buy an original Beaumont die set.
They are about $300.00 USD over here. :-o :-(
NebrHogger told me a .45 Colt die set would do the job too. :D :grin:
I borrowed the .45 Colt die from Rene (Dutch Sako).
It was just collecting dust at his place. :lol
I think it worked out quite well.
Made some pictures of it.

The case comes out of the Beaumont like this.

Resizing step 1.

Resizing step 2

Resizing step 3.

Resizing step 4.

From left to right.
1) Case the way it comes out of the Beaumont
2) Resized with the .45 Colt die set
3) Case belled so it can accommodate the 340 gn .457 Beaumont bullet.

Priming the cases using the RCBS press instead of the LEE auto-primer.

Primed and unprimed case.

Looking good.

Resized using the .45 Colt die

Didn’t cast this one myself.

I will start casting some .457 bullets for the Beaumont this weekend.
I’ll make some pictures of it and will post them in here.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Keep Us Posted Martin!!!!

I'll need to pick up one of those dies. Is it the 45 LC?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:41 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:11 pm 

The Beaumont is a fantastic rifle.
Not just because it is Dutch ;) , but it is just plain fun to shoot it.
Results are getting better every time I go to the range.

I experimented a bit with the seating depth of the bullet.
I made a few with OAL 64.00mm / 2.52", 65.45mm / 2.57" and a few with 66.65mm / 2.62".
Turned out that the ones with the OAL of 64.00mm worked best for me.
Next time I will try some with a seating depth between 62.00 and 64.00mm and see how they perform.
I'll keep you posted.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:56 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Martin,

I seated my bullets so I would have a cartridge the same length as the originals, and that worked well for me.

I very much agree the Dutch Beaumont is a fun rifle to shoot, and it has good accuracy potential.

Between a busy work schedule and turkey season, I have not had time to experiment forming cases from 50-90 Sharps. I hope to accomplish that before the end of the year. That and shoot 2 turkeys! ;)

You should have been with me yesterday... I drove into my hunting place, and just as I stepped from my pickup, about 75 turkeys left the trees right above me. I was 20 minutes too late. Due to the many branches, I didn't have a clean shot, and I only fire when I am sure of a dead bird.

But I laughed. Season continues until the end of the year, and I have their address now! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:21 pm 

The original was 2.04 inches overall length, so 2 inches even works well for me. They feed from the magazine and are just the right distance from the rifling. SW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:14 pm 

Thanks SW.
I'll make a few with that OAL and let you know how things worked out.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 am 

Well, I made a mistake! :oops: When I made my notes for reloading the cartridge, I wrote CASE length in the cartridge length space. :(

Overall CASE length should be 2.49 inches. :-? Sorry!!!

I had some supplies set out for loading cartridges tomorrow and noticed 2 inches seemed very short.

I am sure you noticed this already, but 2.49 is the proper length. SW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:35 am 

You beat me here SW.
I measured my Beaumont cases and guess what….they were just about 2.04 inches :? .
I was going to ask you again this evening, but that’s not necessary anymore.

Thanks very much for the info SW and I’ll keep you posted on this.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin