[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Browing Hi-Power From Aim Surplus

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well, Aim Surplus decided to get some used Browning Hi-Powers in this week and I decided to get one. I won't get it till later this week, but for $409, that price looked exceptionally good for a bonafide made in Belgian Hi-Power. I'll likely be selling my Walther P-1 now as the Browning will become my 9mm plinker. If somebody at work doesn't immediately grab the old P-1, I'll post it here first.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:53 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I saw that.....the pre '63 ones were sold out before I even got to open the email from them...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:44 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yeah, wish me luck on the newer, yet cheaper ones. No C&R here, so no great loss and I'm soooo cheap to begin with. I was actually pricing them this week and got the Firday email flyer and my jaw hit the ground immediately. I'm due to go pick one up at their world headquarters in deepest darkest Middletown, Ohio. Still have to pay $15 for the background check, but at least no shipping fees/hassles.

I'll post a review on my find once I have it in my dirty grubby hands.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Oh,

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

To Andrey,

The Browning is all Belgian made and assembled, the only way to go on one of these. Anything else is second best….Except maybe my Philipine made 1911. Moses Browning does come in at #1 and #2 regardless.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

these are some of my favorites , over the years ive had a number , the only one i miss was the nazi marked one - but i traded it for a better deal on a nice canadian inglis and stuff - im not really disappointed

i do still have a new one i shoot for three gun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Okay, got the pistol. Its in good working order, but worn on the outside. For the money, I can't complain as similar ones on GB were starting at around $600 before shipping and transfer fees. AIM's price was $409.

I can see why so many countries copied it. It does feel good in your hand. So far, I prefer it to a P-1/P-38. Comparable to a 1911 really. That's why I got it. Browning rocks, I mean the inventor. The company, not so much.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:40 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

:ttiwwp:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Going to force me to play with my camera? Damn you, damn you, damn you.

Begrudging Regards From A Man Confronted With Unwanted Technology,

Mark

Somebody smack the Luddite for fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Okay, being the evil bastard I am, I sent three huge picture files to NebrHogger to be downsized. I shall try myself, but don't hold your breath on this one. Apple's software is actually not easy to work with in downsizing this stuff for website use.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well, Apple was no help. I did try, but in vain. This looks grim from my end. So sad.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....durn Luddite.... :roll: .....(smack).....

:rotflma:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:08 pm 

Okay... here are BHP pics from Comrade Machinist. It's a sad state of affairs when a heathen savage can post pics & an urbane Luddite can't! :P :bigrin: :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: **heckling off** SW

0bhp1.jpg
0bhp1.jpg [ 5.01 KiB | Viewed 9031 times ]

0bhp2.JPG
0bhp2.JPG [ 1.72 MiB | Viewed 9031 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Wow, that's mine!

Lost original Cannon camera software. Sad, sad, sad.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 pm 

Ambi safety! I'm impressed! SW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

That's a good thing, right?

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:18 pm 

For leftys - like me - yes. Watch for a set of original wood grips that are red on the inside. Should be able to score a pair for cheep from gunborker. SW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:01 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...wow..!...the Luddite is up past his bedtime...!!!...vacation...???..... :rotflma: ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

pretty nice pistol there , i wish i had jumped on that deal , but one never knows these days so we gamble where we feel comfortable , you did real well on that one i think - and i like those grips

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:01 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I just really detest those import marks though....can we make 'em MORE obvious...? :-?