[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Browing Hi-Power From Aim Surplus

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:00 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well, some of the sold out ones for $429 are back for reasons that escape me. MKIII makes I think. All Belgian made too.

The metal between the grips is entirely brown/worn. The slide is fairly hard to pull back and I think that's not a bad thing. It is loosening up a bit, but not a lot. It's a shootable pistol in a very desirable make with plenty of history and character, so I'm glad AIM SURPLUS had them, else I'd be scanning online auctions daily. I did scan for the week before I AIM sent me their online flyer and jumped the next day noticing that the C&R models already vanished. Only newly made Turkish BHPs were in this price range, but the historian in me wanted a Belgian made one most of all. Don't ask why I have a Philippine made 1911, but then it was made on the original WWII presses from the states from what I hear. Quality from Rock Island is also noted to be quite good, so I made the leap and saved several hundred dollars.

All and all, I'd try AIM SURPLUS again. BTW, this was NOT a hand select pistol. I really took my chances on this one.

Well, now to shoot it…… Hopefully it matches my 1911 in accuracy. People aren't going to be happy…….sad, so sad.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, Hey Mario, if we make it to the range in the future, hopefully I'll have a full ciip for you to shoot out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:20 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I'll let you play with the zombie smasher too.... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:05 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I wish you never bought one of those…..Why did I ever have to know they existed, arrgh!

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, I'm fondling the BHP. Oooo baby, move that slide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:19 am 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I distinctly remember it as being PG-13. You mean, fondling one's guns in any way is bad? I'm rather sad now. I guess dry firing is out of the question? Oh the pain.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

no , probably not anymore , this is just one of the many things our government is now offering us as free people - along with a real difficult time just getting these , maybe one day that will be 'the collectible' goal ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:58 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

A lot of ex-police issue HP's are available now.
Steel frame, aluminium frame, any version.
Prices vary according to condition.

Brgds, A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:46 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Is it acceptable to blame Russian Tula made 9mm ammo on the bad performance of such a fine Belgian made product designed by John Moses Browning himself? Putin blames everybody but himself, so I say "YES!"

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Try it with some decent ammo.
Mine (an older version) is extremely accurate and I never heard anibody complain about theirs'.
The model with the two-sided safety is the most recent police issue version.
A lot of those never got to be issued before they were replaced by Glocks so you can find them NIB condition. 400 is a very good deal !
BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Booth my BHPs are very accurate with 4.5 grains of TiteGroup under a 115 grain jacketed boolet. SW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Strange, my Walther P-1 likes 124 grn bullets. I was wondering if the Hi-Power liked a heavier bullet or not. I have only 124 grn cast lead laying around here. For indoors I hear I need FMJ's. Ummh, looks like some online shopping is in order soon.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, I suspect she shoots rather like a 1911. Tell me if I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:17 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Mine eats any brand of ammo or bullet weight without belching or farting.
I only feed it FMJ. Mainly becoz I'm lazy about cleaning. :oops:
Did you check the recoil spring? That's about the most important part in an HP
BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:49 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The spring seemed strong as the slide doesn't exactly go back very willingly. My dealer noticed it seemed strong too. It seemed to have loosened up a bit with some use.

Odds are I'll be back at the range after two weeks. I have soooo many cast lead 9mm bullets……

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

convinced me to take mine to the range yesterday - double taps were right where the needed to be in the A zone , ive not shot this one in a year either , been shooting the 1911s - particularly the new sig these days

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:16 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Strong spring on an HP is good, means it's a factory one.
Too many people snap off a couple coils and end up with an inoperative pistol.
A

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:35 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

The Belgians are a lot of fun with FMJ's.
Very easy to burn up ammo in~ accuracy is quite good.
It was my first pistola love, after the pe-safety single-six :bigrin:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:27 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Model of 1935 but still unsurpassed as a fighting pistol.
:D A

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:50 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I do like my 1911 better, but then, I've not given the Hi-Power a good chance. It drifts left quite a bit. I think that is me though. Of course, the 1911 doesn't really do that much,….ummh?????

Glad I got one made in Belgium and the looks are truly classy as it is an original in a class by itself.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i currently have three none are belgian , two are canadians the other south american , all function fantastically , my belgian was thew NAZI marked one that i parted with years ago , i keep looking to replace it with an un-nazi marked one , but the right one has not turned up yet ,

this is my shooter -

these are my collectors -