[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Cheep December buy

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheep December buy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:28 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =264981853

I normally don't post when I buy Italian stuff since there aren't any other Carcano people here. Which is just fine - leaves more for me! :bigrin: :P

But I was amazed at the low price. Must be a good time to buy. The year doesn't match up with the serial # on my list so it might be a sleeper! Which is what I'm going to be in just a bit! ;) SW

Post subject: Re: Cheep December buy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

1929 Italian semi-auto rifle with clip.

Hopefully he put up the wrong picture! :-o

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:20 pm 

There's a REAL Italian semi-auto at auction right now with a reserve well into 5 figures.

He didn't act too happy when I contacted him. Look for his auctions to all have reserves now. :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:52 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so this was indeed a 'sleeper' or a seller 'snozzing' ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:30 am 

I don't have it in hand yet, but I think it was a case of people had spent their disposable income on gifts.

I grabbed another scarce one for cheep this AM. ( A MIDA M91/24)Called to pay for it & the gun shop guy said he was "glad to be rid of it".

He actually shipped it today, too! SW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:03 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

That's about what they were going for by mail order when LHO got his. Nice score, and even better price! :bigrin:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:41 pm 

The guy was a real butt, but I got it today. And!!! What a pleasant surprise! A vet bring back grenade launcher TS!!!!!!! :-o :-o :-o Dang!!! I'd rather be lucky than good!

You see a Carcano with a sharp stock cartouche, it's a vet bring back because the Italian arsenals obliterated all stock marks before export for some obscure reason.

You can see the handguard cut outs for the attachment points, the dedicated grenade launcher nose cap and the milled place on the top barrel flat which was another attachment point.

Not bad for a fast $55! :bigrin: I was going to sell it & rub the guy's nose in how much I got for it, but not now. This is a keeper! It will be quite a dry spell before I get another one this cheep! SW

zLauncia 001 (427x640).jpg
zLauncia 001 (427x640).jpg [ 240.74 KiB | Viewed 4880 times ]

zLauncia 006 (640x525).jpg
zLauncia 006 (640x525).jpg [ 184.11 KiB | Viewed 4880 times ]

zLauncia 009 (640x155).jpg
zLauncia 009 (640x155).jpg [ 99.96 KiB | Viewed 4880 times ]

zLauncia 010 (640x166).jpg
zLauncia 010 (640x166).jpg [ 112.89 KiB | Viewed 4880 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Cool Beans mate!

Glad you got something for the hassle of dealing with an arse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Way to go Hogger!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:34 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Nice! Hooray for Carcani. When a deal like that comes along, don't you just feel warm all over? This does seem to be a good time of year to buy. I figure around the middle of Feb. prices will go up, when folks start to get their tax returns.
Bern

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I know why it was so cheap........
won't shoot...ain't got no flint........... :kap:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that and it kept snapping rods trying to ram the boolits down the front :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

great buy - dont see them like that