[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Another cheep one

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another cheep one
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =269815422

And another seller that's not quite up to speed with what's what. ;) If I had really been a Spanish rifle collector, I would not have been impressed. Well, I think we can let it slide this once. :lol

It's not primo, but I smell a profit here. Lead in the bore? Been there & done that. Mark with pencil where the obstruction is and heat with profane torch. Tap the muzzle against a board & out it slides. Some dish soap on a plastic bristle brush & the stock will look mucho better...

Even if the bore is shot, I have a ( darn scarce) 1934 Terni long rifle barreled action that will drop right in the stock.

I better quit bidding, this lucky streak can't last much longer!! :crzy: :rotflma: SW

Post subject: Re: Another cheep one
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Wow! This is just your time of the year huh?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 pm 

Yeah but I'm not all crabby & irritable. :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

NICE! Grab 'em while you can. Another month and the prices will rise, or at least folks will have more cash.

B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 pm 

Yes and then I will list a few duplicates so I can afford that pricey Beretta 18/30. SW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cripes - you are on a roll

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 am 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =269983680

One last win & I'm done. TA is for Torre Annunziata and a darn scarce bayonet! Always look for the small details! SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Man you stole that last rifle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm 

I found another way cheep rifle this AM and told a friend about it. No sense being a piggy about stuff.

Ol kaintuck has talked me into building a flint grinder so I am out of the auctions for a while. SW SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:32 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I want to see it when you get her all spiffed up!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:58 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

At those prices it would be a shame to let it go to somebody else.
Even if you want to re-sell it you'll make money.
Well done !

BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

YUP - at the local VFW every friday night - ONE MORE DEN I GOTTA GO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wowwee! nice buy! cheap! love it!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 pm 

You will never believe this... I made a small bid on a repro 1851 Colt cap-n-ball with the idea of getting a 38 Colt cyl for it. I got the bid... and bought a scratch card on my way to work... which was good for just about all of the revolver's price & postage.

That's it. I am done. I will just outright buy the stuff for a flintgrinder pistola build and no more auctions.

I am NOT compulsive! I can quit any time I want!!! SW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sure ya can ;)

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

compulsive ? think not - im agreeing its prudent business