[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Finn Mosin

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finn Mosin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Picked this up at the show yesterday...don't know anything about these but I hear this should be a good shooter. If Hogger said so....I believe it :D
I didn't even take any cash...just went to work and look and see people I don't see much..I thought I was stronger than that ;)
ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Finn Mosin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...ooooh-a SAKO... :grin: .....a lil' shined up eh???.....looks nice.....hogger is correct-they are excellent shooters and accurate....BUT,when you take her out for the first time if you seem to miss dont panic-the one I have I found out by accident its is deadly accurate at 100 yds-but hits 1' high-only found out because I had another target exactly 1' higher and was aiming for the bull on the lower but hitting the higher one... :-o ....currently looking for a taller front site... :lol ....however you seem to have the gungods watching over you-you'll probably have it shooting the **** off a flea... :oops: :rotflma: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:26 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Thanks Mario! I haven't had a chance to strip it yet....I like doing that....with guns of course :Dbounce: no better way to get acquainted before you go to the range!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Seein as I are a gentleman I will muzzle my Sailors tongue from uttering many possible one-liners...I blame the Navy for the affliction... :rotflma: :grin: :bigrin: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:46 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

No problem....my mind was obviously somewhere close to that or I wouldn't have tried to clarify that statement :lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol

Nice pick up. The Finn's really refined the MN rifle, that's for sure

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice looing rifle , i see why it attracted your attention

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:55 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Ah yes.....the M39.
This one started my addiction.

It started with one.
Now I have 23.
Every single Mosin Nagant in my collection has a fantastic history attached to it.
Sometimes I wish they could talk.

They are extremely addictive.
Believe me................I know.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:32 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....hey Martin-my '42 VKT seems to quite near yours production wise....also 48*** :-o

... VKT-E.jpg
VKT-E.jpg [ 437.25 KiB | Viewed 6398 times ]

:jmp:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i see that addiction has well established itself :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:02 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Dutch....all I can say is WOW :ow: !
This is my first one.....starting reading all I can and that is confusing enough in itself. Haven't shot it yet, just took it apart looking at stuff and cleaned the bore good, I haven't attempted the bolt yet either.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm 

Thanks Ellie.
Well.......IMHO you started with the best rifle in the Mosin Nagant family.
You will find out that this is a great shooter.

If you start reading the Mosin Nagant history it all seems a bit confusing.
You have Russian Mosin Nagants, but also Mosin Nagants manufactured in the USA and France.
Then there are the Finnish models.
The Fins improved the Mosin Nagant, but receiver and magazine are always Russian, French or American.
Next to that you will find Mosin Nagants exported to or manufactured in the various Soviet satellite states like Romania, Hungary, Poland and the GDR.
You can even find Mosin Nagants produced in China.
To make it all more confusing you can find Russian M91's with German WW1 capture markings next to Finnish Army (SA) markings.

Man I love these Mosin Nagants.
Most of them are great shooters and they have a fantastic history attached to them.
I have to warn you Ellie...........You already bought one.
Start reading and you're hooked.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:14 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....Martin is right....I started with one :roll: ....next thing I knew-

Finn Wood rack.jpg
Finn Wood rack.jpg [ 434.77 KiB | Viewed 6377 times ]

:-o :-o :-o :jmp:

....they're like wabbits... :ow: :-o :rotflma: :grin:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Hmmm... some o' those look kinda familiar... ;) :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

And some of them look like 20 miles of bad road but are pretty rare

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete