[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Long time

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Long time
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Hi guys !
It's been a long time since I have been able to post here, due to economical, geo-political, social reasons.
But when I do my vengeance will be sweet !
:Dbounce: A

Post subject: Re: Long time
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:44 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Welcome back Andre.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:07 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....heck of a way to say that yer wifey put you in the doghouse..... :rotflma:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Haven't really bin gone, just hadn't anything to report.
BUT I'm going shopping this saturday, didn't spend much during the vacation so I have some dough to spend. Deeheehee ...
And no, my wife won't object, on the contrary, she encourages me to buy gons. And a new washing machine of course... But that's already bin taken care off.
FYI Sean (my son) is spending a 5 week vacation in the Caribean. He'll be back 09/11. Jeez sometimes I want to be 20 again .... Or to be Johny Depp. A

Post subject: Long time
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:19 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Soooo, on saturday my friend Mark and I decided to take some time off and go on a shopping spree. Mark needed a case of Russian military surplus AK ammo and I wanted to get a whiff of old packing grease again. So we went to Cornet (http://www.armes-cornet.com/catalogues_guerre.htm). Nothing special, just about the largest gunshop in Brussels (and maybe in the whole country). The whole place is like a big vault encompasing the 3rd floor of a building, so basically they don't have to secure the guns individually. Once you're inside it's like a museum where you get to touch and handle all the exhibits ! Puddles of drool can occasionally be seen on the floor ...
They have a large selection of everything from bayonets to Maxim's with multiple examples of each model for you to choose from.
After fondling and dismantling SMG's for a while I selected a nice FN-made UZI for myself. Ex-belgian police issue dated 1978. Just some very minor outer wear, internally it looks like it has never been fired. Small crack in the right grip panel but the guy included a factory new replacement set at no extra charge. They also had some Israeli and German military issue, but those exhibited much more wear & tear. I then repeated the process on the other side of the room, where they had a rack of shiny factory refurbished Tula SVT40 rifles. All of them 1941 dated except one 1940. They all had minor stock repairs except one, so I picked out that beauty.
And that concluded my shopping for the day ... Oh yeah, also picked up 4 boxes of 12ga slugs on the way out.
Some items I passed-up on: Beautiful MP43 (at 2650 €), Colt 1860 army model fully engraved silver plated and gold inlaid with Tiffany sterling grips (no pricetag) ...
Now don't come nagging for pix, yall know what an UZI and an SVT40 look like and I will only get the actual guns after the paperwork is done in minimum 3 months time ... Patience is a virtue I've been told.
BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Okay okay ....
Here's just one pic of an SVT40 to keep yall happy ...
:bigrin: A

Attachments:
SVT.png
SVT.png [ 39.81 KiB | Viewed 8312 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I'll be visiting the place next April!!! Too difficult to import guns unless they are antiques so I'll look for bayonets and accessories. American made antiques are no trouble at all.

The Colt? Sounds like a case of "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it". It might bring as much as $25,000 here. SW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:27 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

They have some very nice antiques but xpect prices to be high.
There's a wall of bayonets to choose from if you want to spend the afternoon ...
A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Good to see you back!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Dropping off the ppwk at the postoffice this pm.
Hoping to get the permits by my Bday !
(And you consider a 10 day waiting period excessive ...)
A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:19 am 

Nebr has no waiting period. You pay the price - fill out the forms and out the door it goes with you! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:17 am 
The Knife
The Knife

The only we have to wait on here is Class lll weapons and that is to get the Fed tax stamp.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:49 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Over here the only guns for which there is no waiting period are the illegal ones.
A

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:15 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Somewhat OT but related:
Last week there was a big scandal becoz 60 firearms have disappeared from the Antwerp police division. It went unnoticed for a really long time (years) until one of the guns was found in a criminal's possesion ...
Of course nobody concerned knows anything ...
:-x A

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:31 am 

Hmmm... If guns went missing from the evidence locker, they might want to closely examine their illegal drugs. :-o SW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:50 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

You got that right !
The info in the media was not clear if it were confiscated/turned-in guns or issue weapons which had been replaced.
Aniways, we won't hear any more of it. Such things are swept under the carpet.
A

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:09 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...perhaps they have been taking tips from our fearless Attorney General Holder and his "Fast and Furious" debacle... :-? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:23 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:07 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Last week I received a notice from the govt asking for mode detailed explanations on why I want to have these guns. They're fckn paranoid about semi-auto carabines. No hassles (?) to get a permit for a handgun, you get that in 2 months. The permit for a carabine can take up to 2 (two) years (YEARS) !
So I came up with a cunning plan ... asked the range owner if he would agree to transfer them from the gunshop where I bought them into his own books. Normally that ain't done but he agreed to make an exception form me. So now my UZI and SVT are waiting for me at the range and I can shoot them whenver I want while I'm waiting for the permits.
I can't take them home, but at least I can shoot them.
I consider that a small victory over "the man" ;-)
I'll try to remeber to make some pix next W.E.
:grin: A