[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - TELL ME ABOYT MY MAUSER

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TELL ME ABOYT MY MAUSER
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:27 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

Last edited by JOHNNY WACKO on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...looks like a Turk to me... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I kenw that but Whats with the bolt stop and the high stripper clip slots?? Theres were i got lost+ the bolt won't fit my 1944 turk rifle. HA!!!! :-?

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:12 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...looks like a model 1893 to me...
...too much to type fer me right now cause it ainr weekend yet and I gotta go to work :roll: ....a couple link that might help...or google 1893 turkish mauser...plenty of info out there... :bigrin:
http://www.turkmauser.com/93/

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Mauser_Rifle_Series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLHzg9iRfXs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:27 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

My Turk was converted from a G88 Commission Rifle. Same barrel markings as yours.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:36 am 
The Knife
The Knife

That is an M03/38 Turk rifle. It is the intermediate length action is why bolts won't interchange.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:15 am 
LCDR
LCDR

I got it,some 1 told me it was a 88 rebarreled and i knew that was wrong.So its a 93 rebarreled to 8 mm and the cut is for the larger bullet...I SEE!
Whats it worth??? Thanks for the help + links guys...

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:23 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

They are not worth much- Century flooded the market with these conversions in the late 80's. I bought one at the retail level, and it was 80 and change OTD.
Mine also had mismatched bolt and s/n's.

Mine is very accurate with the laid back Rem 170 gr 8x57 factory load, and I really wouldn't want to push it any further than that. Performance wise, you've got the easy equal of the 30/30. I clocked mine with the load above, and it does 1810 a foot from the muzzle,slightly pitted bore and all. :bigrin: Recoil is minimal.

If you are serious about shooting it, have a smith check the head-space. The 40 or 50 bucks this will cost is a sound investment, especially since these oldsters lack the gas shroud of the later '98s.

I would take the bbl'd action out of the stock, and check the wood ahead of, and behind the trigger, for cracks.

Good luck with the new rifle.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:37 am 
The Knife
The Knife

The 03 Turk is a 98 action and you can use surplus 8mm ammo in it.
The last one I saw was around $130 at Dunhams about 10 years ago.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:28 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I have a long + short 1 in the 98 action.But wasn't sure what year this was.I knew the 88 because i have a kar 88 but don't have a 91,93 or 95.Have had some in the past but nothing to compare it with now. :D

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:30 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

The possibility that this is a '93 is quite high- since the Turks were pretty indiscriminate about what they cut to arrive at a uniform issue rifle. My '93 has the charger cut out notch on the left receiver rail.

Only way to be sure is to have Johnny W. remove his bolt, and check for the 3rd locking lug at the rear.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon