[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - RIA GI MILSPEC 1911

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RIA GI MILSPEC 1911
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well, I finally got a 1911. No ammo and haven't shot it yet, but she's mine, all mine. I am looking for new grips now. Plain wood ones are nice, but I've held better. Can't wait to take her out.

Best Regards,

Mark

Post subject: Re: RIA GI MILSPEC 1911
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:08 am 
The Knife
The Knife

:ttiwwp:

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

It looks exactly, and I'm not kidding, like this. Yes, those grips are pretty, but not exactly the type your hands hold firm on.

Best Regards,

Mark

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/411539079.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:59 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

I TOLD ya I got a pair you can have-and the price is right....free :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You see, I forgot who posted that and where, as I am not a bright boy. That's why I posted this. Sometimes I get flashes of near normal intelligence. Any ways, no ammo right now. I merely point it and say, "BANG". Who would have imagined you needed ammo to really enjoy these things?

When I successfully complete your ammo, I'll come on over. I'm whipping Enfield Shooter three times a week for progress. My cases didn't fit in his type 38 carbine either. Arrgh, growl, arrgh. Perhaps I should have used a #2 shell case instead of a #10? We'll know more later today. I had him use his 2.5 ton arbor press one more time to see if I formed the cases all the way to the rim. The 6.5mm Japanese case length trim gauge is on the way. Enfield Shooter's trim die was a cruel tool and die horror story. Nothing beats sliding a perfectly good file over hardened metal. I have to give it up to Lee Precision for not making those things.

Ah, now to collect 45ACP brass, dies and bullets. It just never ends for me.

Best Regards,

Mark

Also looking for replacement ammo box for you so that we may swap for the nifty one with all the Korean writing on it. Did I mention I put the 1911 on credit card so I'm flat broke? The wife noticed three days later!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:02 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Very nice!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:49 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Evidently, she was very stiff from the factory, a good sign I'm told. Wife found out I put half on the credit card and I'm still breathing. Let us all pray I make it through the night. Told her neighbor across the street still owes me money for a Chilean Mauser I sold him, so she gets her money when I get mine. I'm sticking to that story real tight.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

congrats , hope the scam works , i like that - have thought to get one for shooting wild bunch SASS , but then i gpotta get more leather , as you say it never ends

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:02 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

But does it really ever end? Leather, I did forget the leather entirely. Not one holster yet.

Best Regards,

Mark

No scam, I'm owed money.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:07 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Holster? You a lefty? SW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:33 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Only when I am in a room full of right wingers….. Rumor is I'm right of center. Fiscally, I make the Tea Party seem wastrel as Daddy was a banker all his life. We so much want to lynch Wall Street.

I am sooooo right handed its pretty bad. If I drew with my left, my foot would be a goner.

I'd like to get a police holster for my Model 10 S&W. Right now, I'm awaiting word on the sale of my K-31…many say "I want it" few want to pay for it.

Best Regards,

Mark

I would guess I would get something military for the 1911. Never planned for that yet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

what kind of police holster for your model 10 are you speaking of , i have a real nice leather flap holster of the 1920s-30s variety that would take that one ,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:13 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Throw a set of VN era plastic grips on there. They run ca. $5 at shows.

ETA: looked at the pic and it appears to have the flat mainspring housing. Stick with wood chequered instead.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:02 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yes, but it costs $8 to get into the gun show. Our show isn't very well attended by vendors as I would like it to be.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...the pair I have will fit just fine since I took them off my milspec GI .45 when I upgraded my grips... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Sounds good to me.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:47 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Mark, had one of those 45s when my eyes were better....get you a Brownells catalog, order a packmyer grip set, and the little clip on thing that wraps around the front of the gun below the triggergaurd....a set of target triggers springs, and a heavier recoil spring( 18#?).......I shot over a thousand round thru it before selling it the fatherinlaw....won 2nd place at a police shoot out.....all with the standard mil spec sights......
She ran all types of bullets, she wasn't much for the 185semiwad cutters....but would never jam with the 230 ball ammo!

Good guns......worth the $ , take the wife shooting with it....she may just swipe it from you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:46 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I shall take Herr Mario up on his offer first and try those grips. I might put a .22lr top on it for the wife. Beats buying another gun altogether.

Best Regards,

Mark