[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Another 32 revolver

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another 32 revolver
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:40 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I've been having so much fun with the 32 S&W short, I bid on a S&W revolver in 32 long. No body else bid & it's on the way! Now to score brass - Found a pile of Hornady lead boolets I had for a 32-20 rifle I sold so I'm all set that way.

Another mouse gun! :bigrin: SW

aaa2.jpg
aaa2.jpg [ 113.72 KiB | Viewed 5396 times ]

aaa3.jpg
aaa3.jpg [ 118.13 KiB | Viewed 5396 times ]

Post subject: Re: Another 32 revolver
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...looks like bigger brother to lemon squeezer... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:41 pm 
Feldmarschall
Feldmarschall

I like .32 revolvers.

A note of caution. That one looks like it has a five inch bbl., maybe six? It might be wise to not load your cartridges down too low. The longer bbl. increases the amount of friction that must be overcome; also, if the gap between the cyl. and forcing cone is eroded away some, there will be an overly amount of pressure lost. The result could be a bullet stuck in the bore. Inadvisable to fire jacketed bullets in this for the same reasons only moreso.

I've paid the tuition costs for this advice before with a 1915 vintage S&W in .32-20.

The same ideas also apply to .38 Special, for that matter. Some of the older reloading manuals used to recommend data for 158 gr. jacketed bullets in .38 Special but later editions have this deleted.

Be careful with those .32-20 lead bullets in a .32 S&W Long. The .32-20 bullets tend to be heavier, like around 115 gr. whereas a typical weight for .32 S&W Long is about 98 gr. If you use a 115 gr. bullet, be sure to use enough powder to push it out the other end.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:02 pm 

Just found the boolets - a 500 box o' Hornady swaged 90 grain SWC. Plenty of load data in the Hornady manual. Looks like 1.7 grains/700X will do the deal. I'm interested to see how well the better gun will shoot. SW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:12 pm 
Feldmarschall
Feldmarschall

You must've been shooting a light bullet in your .32-20. Those Hornady 90 gr. are fine for the .32 S&W Long. I've gone through a box of 500 of them, albiet slowly. I like the mica (I think it is) coating on Hornady swaged lead bullets. I've used their .38's and .44's too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:20 pm 

FFL guy was in town same day as me & I finally picked it up. Neat gun! Still snowing so I just fired 6 for a function test. Shown with the Lemon Squeezer for size perspective.

32s 002 (1024x896).jpg
32s 002 (1024x896).jpg [ 395.6 KiB | Viewed 5357 times ]

I'm not sure what model this is... any ideas? Hand ejector 3rd model?

32s 005 (1024x538).jpg
32s 005 (1024x538).jpg [ 226.73 KiB | Viewed 5357 times ]

32s 006 (1024x410).jpg
32s 006 (1024x410).jpg [ 188.32 KiB | Viewed 5357 times ]

Ammo shown for size perspective. L to R 32 short - 32 long - 38 Spl and 577 Snider just to be ridiculous.

32s 008 (1024x900).jpg
32s 008 (1024x900).jpg [ 340.96 KiB | Viewed 5357 times ]

I've got ammo loaded & will try for a group when the weather straightens up. SW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...NEAT...!!! :grin: ....google-fu comes up with all kinda info,but too late for me right now to start crawling thru all of it...mebbe later... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:14 am 
The Knife
The Knife

According to Flayderman,s it is a 32 Hand ejector model of 1903.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 am 

Aha! Thanks for that!! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:59 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

... :-o same date as the lemonsqueezer... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

re-shoot that photo with a 22lr next to the 32 short ,