[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - My loot from Belgium

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My loot from Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:51 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Got this stuff in April, and after a lengthy stay at customs, it just arrived today.

First 2 pics are an NVA helmet. Well, I guess it's not the NVA anymore, but this is what they wore sometimes. They also had black floppy boonie style hats. Shown here with my period correct SKS.

loot 002 (1024x469).jpg
loot 002 (1024x469).jpg [ 287.94 KiB | Viewed 5732 times ]

loot 003 (1024x683).jpg
loot 003 (1024x683).jpg [ 277.56 KiB | Viewed 5732 times ]

loot 004 (1024x386).jpg
loot 004 (1024x386).jpg [ 239.36 KiB | Viewed 5732 times ]

Then the rest of the loot.
German language book on fighting knives and daggers. Lots of good pics and articles about them from different countries. I pick them up whenever I can.

The helmet - top blade is for a Carcano cav carbine - then a bayonet for a Carcano M38 short rifle. This is the scarcer variation made from folding bayonets that were welded up to be dagger style. After the folding bayonet parts were used up, they went to a different style. Uncommon. Bottom is a fighting knife made from a bayonet. I've no idea what rifle it fits.

From the book and my own observation, grunts of about any country would cut down bayonets for use as fighting knives or just plain utility knives. I'm looking for more. SW

loot 006 (967x1024).jpg
loot 006 (967x1024).jpg [ 601.6 KiB | Viewed 5732 times ]

Post subject: Re: My loot from Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:00 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....thats one minty lookin' helmet....I would think they werent sellin' repro's at Ciny,that'd suck... :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:22 pm 

No repros - they are still made new and used today. This one is brand new. The seller had several of them. The difference is the metal badge. I looked for a period badge at Ciney but no luck. SW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i like it , what a great memory - the trip , the company and a real mice memento

you know its good that customs quarantined this tho - it might have re-started the VN conflict had they not given it the third degree , i will never understand the liberal mind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:34 pm 

Actually what was inspected was the chocolate. In bars wrapped with thin foil. On every bar the foil was peeled back and a tiny piece removed for... heroin testing?? I don't know.

Another friend in Belgium asked if I could find him reloading supplies for his 480 Ruger - very hard to find in Europe - not that easy to find here! But I did and he sent me 4 kilos of chocolate. That stayed in customs quite a while! Every bar had been opened. They taped it all up securely and no duty to pay.

I think I'm on some kind of list at customs now. SW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:28 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

some of us might ask ......"just what did they add to those choc-o-lot bars ?"

just sayin - i do not trust the government that requires labels and packaging on domestic products that put them out of business [yes , a local friends pizza business was harassed by the FDA for the type of label - out of existence] but feel its perfectly OK to unwrap your sealed products and "tape" them shut ...wonder how sanitary their tools were ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:40 pm 

I forgot to add the fascist youth navy auxiliary cap tally I found at the expo. I never knew the Balilla had a naval component. Took a chance & it paid off. SW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:44 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Glad the stuff got there safely.
Dunno if US customs keep a list of chocolate smugglers, but if they do you're definetely on it !
I'll keep an eye peeled for more of those "trench knives".
BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:59 am 

Yeah - probably not a good idea to send any more peanut butter. By the time customs let it out of the country, it would be green. SW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Forgot to ask; that pink teddybear, is he a political prisoner ?
:bigrin: A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 am 

That's Hollie's. When she was in school, she was the Beanie Queenie. There must be 500 Beanie bears in her closet. Now if they were only worth something... SW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:50 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

some things are just precious in our lkives because of who held them dear , im getting the pink teddy bear thing