[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - C-A/minor-D-G

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C-A/minor-D-G
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:41 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New and current Crosman 13-77 in .177 caliber. It was on sale at 25 bucks off, and I could not walk by it and ignore...

Turned into a quickie rebuild project....

That's the same gun with the bbl swapped out to a 24" 1760 version .177. Scope's my ever pardner 6-24X 42mm A/O Banner. Got rid of the plastic receiver breech and went with Crosman steel. Packer stock from the personal collection airgun bits and pieces box. Had to swap out the pump handle- that neo modernist carbon fibre handle has a wicked knife edge where I position my palm for silent pumping...

That's 5 of the JSB 8.44 gr Exact dome pellets at 12 meters. 6 pumps ,6X on the big Banner, and it hits nice and hard.

Postal match anyone? ;)

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

Post subject: Re: C-A/minor-D-G
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:34 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I'd say the resident pigeons better pack up & move across town! SW

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:07 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Would that be the same as a model PC 77. Where can I get a barrel and stock like yours to put on mine?

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:31 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

It's marketed as the American Classic...

The packer frame stock,

24" bbl

and steel breech unit -are all available through crosman.com

I'm not sure that the plastic breech on these guns will support a 24" bbl- a little too much leverage there.

I think the current 24" .177 bbl they now ship is the one made for the Discovery- the 1760 version has been discontinued.

The crosman custom shop also puts guns together like this...

If you do it your self, the pivot block/bbl band will have to be drilled out to allow the longer bbl to pass through. 29/64" is the bit you want...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:21 pm 

Doc,

Thought of you when I saw this. Looks like a real challenge! SW

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =556559446

00.air1.jpg
00.air1.jpg [ 65.87 KiB | Viewed 6798 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:51 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Kind of an expensive challenge too- 299.00 starting, and no takers.
Looks like 0.175" round ball/b.b. from what I can see in the photos. If it's as old as claimed, the seals are likely leather and paper.
Brass bores do age well though- the rifling in that old 101 of mine is still very sharp and strong...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

you keep finding things i never see and know little to nothing about , i appreciate these posts .... congrats

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:41 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:40 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Just a quick word here-

The discovery bbls can be a crapshoot. Order by phone if you can. They may have a older version bbl laying around.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:00 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I could find the stock and the breech but no barrels. Figured I would have to call them.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:16 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Let us know how you make out...

Next up for me on this build is converting it to a 1701-P grip frame and trigger.
This conversion requires a different hammer than the "waisted" stock 13-XX hammer, to prevent damage to the compound lever sear components in the 1701-P grip frame.

Trigger improvement is abot 11,000% :lol

I may have an old 125 hammer around here that I can cut down...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:20 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I can get a custom for $106 US and some change + shipping. That would be shoulder stock, steel breech and 18" barrel in .177 cal. Just have to think on a while. That is 1300KT pump.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I have an 18" crosman bbl here in .22, and it is a tack driver.
It seems to want Heavy for cal. pellets: 16 grains and up.
That is a good price for a K/T version 13-XX.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail