[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Militaria

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Militaria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:48 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

We don't have a militaria forum, and really don't need one. On my doorstep just now was packages from "somewhere east of here". ;) Which contained stuff I scored at the militaria expo.

Here's an Italian Carabineri bicorn hat. There's supposed to be a red & blue plume, but it was missing. For the price, I'm not complaining.

loot2 002 (1024x786).jpg
loot2 002 (1024x786).jpg [ 336.09 KiB | Viewed 4178 times ]

loot2 003 (1024x729).jpg
loot2 003 (1024x729).jpg [ 320.25 KiB | Viewed 4178 times ]

A few tables away, I grabbed this artillery officer's hat. This one wasn't cheep, but we just don't see them in America.

loot2 006 (1024x987).jpg
loot2 006 (1024x987).jpg [ 400 KiB | Viewed 4178 times ]

loot2 007 (1024x683).jpg
loot2 007 (1024x683).jpg [ 384.08 KiB | Viewed 4178 times ]

Also in the box was this Puma bowie. Sharp as heck and heavy. If you dropped it on a bare foot, you would have a serious problem! These are much less expensive in Spain than here or Germany. Andrey tells me a lot of Pumas are made in Spain now.

Very high quality!
loot2 009 (1024x433).jpg
loot2 009 (1024x433).jpg [ 277.04 KiB | Viewed 4177 times ]

Now to save my Cheerios box tops and pick up aluminum cans so I can go back in 2 or 3 years! :bigrin: SW

**There were some other interesting items, but they are boxed up and ready to be sent as "supplies" to certain people!** :jmp:

Post subject: Re: Militaria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

fun stuff , i like that big knife - it would look good on my cowboy belt ...just sayin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:17 pm 

Got more pics this morning. I'll wait until we hear from "certain people" before I post them all. ;)

This is a Spanish Guardia Civil hat I grabbed because the seller took my low offer and it might be included in volume 2 of my Italian rifles book. There will be a discussion of Italian arms used in Spain & this could fit in.

Odd looking hat, but the Guardia Civil are supposed to be an elite force.

loot4 002 (1024x799).jpg
loot4 002 (1024x799).jpg [ 268.78 KiB | Viewed 4161 times ]

loot4 003 (1024x741).jpg
loot4 003 (1024x741).jpg [ 259.71 KiB | Viewed 4161 times ]

This style hat has been in use a long time & is seen to this very day. SW

0000.sgc1.jpg
0000.sgc1.jpg [ 919.65 KiB | Viewed 4161 times ]

0000.sgc2.jpg
0000.sgc2.jpg [ 110.85 KiB | Viewed 4161 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:58 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I've had the pleasure of seeing those Carabinieri hats-AND the fellers wearing them in Italy....'specially when I was Shore Patrol....the jail was a pretty rough place :Dbounce: ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:01 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Nice pix !

Are you gonna wear the carabinieri hat ? :roll:

The Guardia Civil still wear that silly leather hat, but not for daily duty (animore).
They now have OD cloth fatigue caps with the GC fasces emblem on front (yeah, will look for one ...)

Helpful hint: If you ever get in trouble in spain don't say you'll call the policia ... say you're calling the Guardia Civil.
That will solve situations in a hurry ....
Those guys still literally scare the piss out of assholes ... :bigrin:

BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nifty stuff , i seldom see these things , even when i do i know so little that id not know if i was buying real or reproduction , congrats

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:41 pm 

This is a repro, but the French seller said it's the same thing pre-WW1 French artillery guys wore. A gun show seller won't exaggerate, right? :bull: :bigrin:

But kaintuck is a genuine artillery guy - even if his cannon is gone - and now he has an artillery hat! SW

loot4 004 (1024x935).jpg
loot4 004 (1024x935).jpg [ 292.15 KiB | Viewed 4126 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very nice , he should appreciate that - he is indeed into artillery ,