Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Managed to get a couple of revolver versions on close-out from Wholesale Sports store closing clearance. 11 something each before taxes for a size #2 revolver, and a size #3 revolver. Would have got one for a large frame auto if they would have had any left....

The little ace in the hole Pellet by Umarex fits nicely in here. This size #2 holster actually "grips" the revolver, and it takes an efforted "tug" to get the gun out. The snap-strap is added security. Frankly, I can't se the gun coming out of the holster, before the snap-strap is even put to use. Added insurance for a trip and fall, I suppose. That button snap is loud, and again, there's a bit of an effort involved to open the snap...

Belt-side view. On my right hip, it's actually a bit too high for quick-draw shenanigans. Tried it "quarter-haunch" with it riding on the back of my hip, and it's quite comfortable. Tried getting mirror image pix of me wearing these holsters,( I was alone, as usual ) but everything was horribly reversed.

Tried the Beretta 92-F pellet gun by Umarex in it first, but it felt really off-balance. Better off with a holster made for an auto....

These holsters "form-fit" to the guns contours through the miracle of space-age polymers. :P

6" S&W 586 pellet by Umarex in size #3 revolver holster. It looks a bit un-wieldy, but rides on the right hip very well in the same "quarter-haunch" location as above. Not sure I'd want to ride day in and day out in even a full sized Impala cruiser with this on my waist, but for standing, and being active, it's fine.

Belt-side again. Fit of the snap-strap gets a little weird here. Web strap is too wide to ride under the hammer. The snap's lower button half locates just ahead of the cylinder on this gun, where there's limited backing support. Closing the snap on this one becomes a two-handed affair. I've settled on the strap position shown for now. Same grip fit of the gun inside the holster here. Same definite tug required to get the gun out. I'd actually like to get this under my coat~ to keep the C0-2 caplet warm while I'm deer hunting- just in case I stumble acroos a ruffy or sharptail grouse. From what I've read, these are adaptable to Uncle Mike's shoulder rig systems. I hope so.

I'm impressed by these low cost holsters. Surprisingly good fits for such generic applications.....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

they look well enough made , i see what your saying on the retention system , but you were not really looking for a quick draw - more a safe and secure carry ,