[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Did some trading

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did some trading
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:09 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Bitter Clinger & I did some trading, the result of which is this Romanian kit underfolder AK. I've been after one for quite a while but couldn't bring myself to pay current prices.

I'm not too big on the vertical forearm grip, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a standard one & swap it out. SW

0000.ak1.jpg
0000.ak1.jpg [ 99.23 KiB | Viewed 6265 times ]

0000.ak2.jpg
0000.ak2.jpg [ 83.48 KiB | Viewed 6265 times ]

Post subject: Re: Did some trading
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice setup - and did it come with the pointy bit as well ? i dont know a lot about them , tell us how she shoots , i agree on the forearm pistol grip , im not a big fan either ,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:44 pm 

Ran a couple mags through it this afternoon & it runs like a striped-a$$ monkey! Shoots where I look, too! I'm way happy with it! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

glad to hear that , it looks nice , i always worry of these kit built guns with bent plate receivers , but you got a good one ,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:17 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Just joined the underfolder wire stock club myself!

Another Legends Replica.

It'll do 625 rounds per minute~ without a tax stamp, or FFL! :P

N.I.B.

Legends MP-40 with the Legends pocket ace, just for scale. This thing weighs 7-3/4 lbs! Which is almost the weight of the original....

There ain't much left of a soda can, after a finger trigger controlled 6 or 7 shot burst :bigrin:

Far from perfect, but I still like! It brings the b.b. gun into the adult realm.

460 fps. I may go after early season grouse with this little buzz-saw- provided I can get well this side of 15 yds....

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:04 am 

Do you have to thaw the barrel after a full auto burst? That would be rough on pigeons and maybe even rats! SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:06 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Nope. String'll run low on a prolonged burst~ a good 8" or so....

There's 2 - 12 gram bulbs that are stored in the mag. It's sides get pretty cold, even on a short burst. Direct impingement (open bolt firing), just like the original. Sounds more like an M-3 grease gun (clatter-clatter).... it lacks the spring "twang" of the real MP-40...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm 

I must have been thinking of those old Freon powered BB guns. They'd have frost on them after a long burst. Can't use them anymore - Freon causes global warming... ;)

Nice shooter! I'd like to play with one! 8-) SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:43 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

A little spendy. Caught this one on sale at Cabela's for 255.99 cdn.

I can't recommend someone going out and laying money on one just yet...
The zig-zag path b.b. mag has some serious feed issues. Word on the GTA is Umarex will be coming out with an improved mag. I get around it by loading 12-15 at a time. It's sposed to hold 50-60 of them b.b.'s. I'll be patient with mine for now, just because I like it so much....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats a nifty one , i did not know those existed ,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

O.K. :git:

Got the feed problem solved. Read the manual, and found the mag has to be straightline vertical up-side down to get the b.b.'s to take the correct zig-zag pattern path. I made a tool out of coat hanger wire to hold the follower down~ it makes the loading job 375% easier :bigrin:

Got through 3 mags tonight without a single feed hitch!

I'm gonna go ahead and give this 2 thumbs up!
Anyone thinking of buying one should! Lest these go the way of the Gletcher Russian mare's leg, or the broom-handle Mauser.

Mine's eerily accurate at ten paces in semi-auto mode. I put ten b.b.'s into 1/2" on centers tonight on freshly installed C/O-2 carts. This thing deserves to run on high pressure Air!
I have to keep an eye out for spare mags coming on the market....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

glad you got it working , not sure i followed the fix exactly but good to know you found it , congrats , nice piece

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Got through another 3 mags without a jam last night :bigrin:

3 Mags on one soda can at 8 paces. All 156 shots connected. I was running out of places to shoot at on this can...

Results of a 12 shot burst on the bottom of the soda can. Most, but not all, penetrated. There's a couple that landed on the can rim and bounced off. The b.b.'s I'm using will spark when this happens. Odd that steel b.b.'s would spark against aluminum....

I'm havin a ton of yucks with this thing...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail