Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ordered this on-line at a reasonable price. It seems to be a relatively decent little scope, considering what I paid for it. Shown here on one of my home built crosman pumper air rifles. It wears Burris Signature Z high rimfire rings with the off-set inserts for elevation and/or windage correction. I have the +20 m.o.a. insert in the rear ring and the zero m.o.a. correction inserts in the front ring. I think all I had to do was dial up 4 clicks to get it dead on at 20 yds.

Zoom ring at maximum magnification.

Side wheel focussing knob. It's graduated to a minimum of 10 yds. (Adjustable objective) I could not get a clear image at 12X and 10 yds. Earliest sharp and clear image appears at 20 yds with the knob showing a 10 yd index.

Eye relief is a bit on the far side of 3 1/2" - which is on the generous side for a mild kicker like the .223. Drop zone reticle is supposed to be calibrated out to 500 yds for 48-56 gr .223 loads.

Target style turrets detail. Click stops are very tactile- they are easily felt with the fingertips and do not require vision to confirm how far they are being turned. I like these turrets a lot. Turrets can be re-set to personal zero after sighting in by un-doing the socket head cap screws in them, lifting the turret knob off, and aligning indexes to zero. Very simple. These turrets don't appear to lock- I haven't tried pushing them in yet...

Optical quality is nice, even though this glass will never be mistaken for Vortex... edge to center is surprisingly even, especially considering this is a Chinese made scope. Coatings are a dead ringer for the Nikon green/purple. It's actually a nice size. There isn't a lot more weight there than a standard 4X40 scope. I'm actually pretty impressed with it. I'd be all over a second one if they ever come with a full mil-dot reticle...

I'd rate this at 4.75 out of a possible 5. I'd like to see this scope range distances a little more honestly. Still, for what I paid for it....

Yeah, I know it's made in china. This is getting awfully hard to escape these days. Even Burris is in on this act with scopes and mounts made in the same place.
It is not the equal of my dusk/dawn Banner 6-24 X 42 A/O made in the Phillipines, but getting close...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I'll have to post a pic of the Barska I scored from optics planet. They were closing out "tactical" scopes & I grabbed one I wanted for my evil black rifles for half price.

I like this one, BTW. SW

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice scope - that should serve you well , good glass is very definitely a nice thing [at my age] for ,making things work right ,