Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pellet Pistol
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:12 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Yup, the bolt handle's on the left side of the gun.

Right hand side. It's in .22, uses 12 gram co-2 cartridges, and is a blast to shoot.
Trigger is adjustable, I have a shoulder stock for it, and a repeating :-o 7 shot magazine. More pics if anyone's interested...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

Post subject: Re: Pellet Pistol
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:08 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats a beauty , you did well on getting that , i like the clean lines , i did not know they made a shoulder stock for these is it a benefit or just a wish item to say you have it ? my inglis shoulder stock is not much better than the tangent sights on her mkI receiver - both were a good idea but not near as good as our m1carbine substitute for the 1911A1 behind the lines troops that could not shoot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:33 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Lookin a little ridiculous with the big Vortex a/o scope on it, but she will shoot...
Solid lock up due to the wear in style joint between the stock and the grip frame. Comb is far too low for scope use, and the pipe insulation shown ain't quite thick enough. Cabela's has a rip stop nylon copy of the old Jostam lace on comb riser that I'm going to get...

5 cheap Crosman 14.3 gr points at 12 paces. About 430-440 fps. These always pull flyers at a ratio of 2/10.

Much better with entry level competition wad cutters at 14.0 gr even.

No slouch over the open irons either. 12 off-hand shots made the gaper shown here on the scan code label of a 6 oz soda can. 13 yds from a combination of standing/kneeling with the shoulder stock on.

7 Shot wind up rotary mag works well so far. It squeezes in nicely under the high Burris Signature Zee rings.

I am pleased with this. Build quality is high for Chinese mfg ...

I have a little 18 mm 3-7 X B&L marked Bushnell rimfire scope that's gonna find a home on this.

Regards,

Doc Shaptail

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yup - i say she shoots well , you cannot beat the vortex in my book - i have one on my kimber 82G these days , it works so wonderful for this old guy that can no longer see that i often hesitate to mention lest i jinx it ,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:47 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Blackhawk" comb riser from Cabela's. I'd really like to find something like this in leather for the 52- it would help a lot.

As for the one shown, it gives good contact with the low comb. Little rimfire bushnell scope is a 4 X 20mm and a bit of a jewel...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:12 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Since I'm a lefty, I'd get along with that set up well. With the vortex scope it would be just the ticket for "ring neck" doves in the back yard. SW

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:58 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Mine is accurate enough for backyard work. At it's power level, I'd only consider headshots~which it's very capable of doing.

I'm getting 35-37 usable shots before p.o.i. starts dropping. Gun is very much in the same ball-park as the old crosman Mk 1. It is fairly loud for an air pistol due to it's .22 caliber. I think Pyramyd Air of Arizona (?) is carrying a .177 version of it at a good price.

http://pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_Chaser_ ... istol/4612

There is a rifle version of it available on the same site.

I stripped the gun down completely. Trigger looks like an attempt at a copy of the older canjar/timney with an adjuster for sear take-up through the trigger guard. That screw will have to be loc-tited in after final adjustment. I changed the sear/trigger spring out and have it down to about 2 1/2 lbs. Gas button spring from a full sized Bic lighter turns the trick here. It is an exact fit...

Inner construction is interesting compared to other guns on the market. The trigger housing frame is welded to the bottom of the gas tube. Gas system has been designed to conserve on CO-2. There's a bushing around the valve stem to reduce flow, which makes a lot of sense- without it the gun would empty the cartridge in less than 10 shots. There would not be much of a gain in velocity out of a bbl that short. It would be interesting to work on this with a 24" rifle bbl. I'll have to find out about availability.

There are no sheet metal stampings in the gun that I can find other than the welded on trigger group frame.

The entire kit of pistol, carbine stock, and 7 shot wind-up rotary mag cost me 170 bucks, and there was a 500 count tin of pellets included on the same order.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail