[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Another 9mm

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another 9mm
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Lo & behold I got a little $ from the RR. Seems they had a contract claims conference with the union & paid a few old contract violation claims - mine were from 2001. Not a substantial sum by any means but enough to score this used 469 for change over $200 from gunborker. Now to score an ambi safety and spare mag.

I recently cranked up the Dillon & have a pile of practice ammo! SW

0000.pic1.2.jpg
0000.pic1.2.jpg [ 47.99 KiB | Viewed 4358 times ]

Post subject: Re: Another 9mm
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thats cool , let us know how it works for you , i rather like the size and style of that one

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:52 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Is it full D/A only?

Got a Walther PPQ here in CO-2 that is D/A only, and it takes pretty intense concentration for me to hit anything with it....

But that's just me.

My somewhat limited experience in 9 MM was a Browning H.P.- which I liked a lot.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:14 pm 

First shot is DA with following shots in SA mode. I'll put up a post how it shoots when I have it in hand.

I am a big fan of the BHP, too! SW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

me too - i will grab my BHP before i grab any other - might grab the inglis though just because they are my favorite BHPs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm 

I had trouble with a pawn shop in Ga. over this gun. Paid for it & the guy told me he would mail "right away". I asked for the tracking # and he promised to send it "soonest".

In the meantime, my FFL guy who just retired left on vacation so I didn't know it hadn't been shipped. FFL guy gets home about 10 days later & calls to say no gun. I called the pawn shop & lost no time getting right to the point, expressing I was very much less than amused the gun for which I had paid hadn't arrived after 10 days. :-x

The story - which after talking to everybody seemed plausible - was that employee A had been in charge of gunborker matters. Him & the boss had a major falling out & he messed stuff up big time. Logged off from gunborker & walked out the door. Also had tossed or taken with him all records of who was supposed to get what gun. I was told he also deleted the shop's gunborker account but don't know if that's possible.

The new internet sales guy B apologized all over the place saying the mess had been dumped in his lap & he was working OT to get it all straightened out. He promised to ship that afternoon & call me back with the tracking #. I was apprehensive, but lo & behold, he did.

Just picked up my $205 S&W 469 and am way happy with it. Ran like a striped-a$$ monkey with a variety of handloads - FMJ, JHP & cast. I even mixed up a magazine & no problems.

First order of biz will be to order an ambi safety, extra mag or 2 and a LH holster. 2nd item will be to toss the mag safety - then a serious cleaning. It was advertised as "surplus" - don't know if that means Israeli or PD, but the previous owner had no sense of urgency about keeping it clean. Which is fine - it showed me it will run great while dirty.

Took a while, but everything worked out. I don't mind telling you, though, this was a NR seller & I got pretty nervous for a while! :-o SW

469 001 (1024x796).jpg
469 001 (1024x796).jpg [ 655.97 KiB | Viewed 4285 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:31 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that ia the same basic design as my M39 and M59 both of which i will keep forever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:04 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Glad it all worked out for you.

The last pawn shop deal I did was for a Weaver 3/4" tube. At least I was there in person, and it went o.k.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon