[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - 10mm

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10mm
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:28 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I've had some unfortunate medical circumstances which were entirely resolved by surgery today. No need to go into the sordid details, but by the Grace of God I'm all better & good to go! :bigrin:

Since I endured it well and didn't wimp around in the hosp, I figured I was due for a reward and scored this RIA 10mm. I did a lot of homework & no bad reviews about Rock Island 1911s. Can't wait to shoot it! 10mm will be a new experience for me. SW

0000.nambu2.jpg
0000.nambu2.jpg [ 211.63 KiB | Viewed 8414 times ]

Post subject: Re: 10mm
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I've good one. Only issue I had was with the grips, they were like cheese graters. And the right ambi safty lever cracked my knuckle.
I changed those items and it shot fine. In fact the first big load is waiting by the Dillon to be loaded, if I can get off my lazy ass that is.
Watch out those things heave brass a looong way off, with a vengeance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:38 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Let us know how you do with it.

I haven't had much success with fibre optic front sights on pistols, due to my far-sightedness.
Rear sight on that one looks like it means business :bigrin:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

no experience with 10mm and dont need another caliber these days but congrats hope it performs well and you enjoy it ,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:53 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Come on Mike where's your sense of adventure? Another new caliber means another new gun, kinda justifies it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i get it reb but what always happens is my son sees something shiny and im missing it before long , as long as i seem humdrum he stays out of my gunbag , he will get them eventually , i get them now - gotta get that sig 1911 back to the range one day soon ,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:11 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Nice looking, I no nothing about 10 mm never shot one, happy shooting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Asquare you should try the SIG 357 sig in the 1911 platform, what a shooter that is. Like a laser beam!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

now your tempting me into areas ive tried to avoid ,

so when we gonna get a 10mm range report - inquiring minds need to know ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm 

Got the tracking # today and it gets in Sat. Of course I scored ammo already. SW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

every time i come back to look i like it - its just a fine looking pistol , i think your gonna be very happy ,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:39 pm 

Our wonderful PO finally got around to delivering it today. I took it out for a function test & it runs like a striped a$$ monkey! :bigrin: I didn't know what to expect, but it's no hotter than a 45 & comes right back on target. I got along with the grips just fine - if not I was ready to swap them out with what's on my 70 series Colt.

And rebel is right - it tosses brass where you won't trip over it, and then some. But I found it all. I'll order dies & stuff tomorrow.

Overall I LIKE it! :jmp: SW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wonderful , you got a keeper - i would collect brass that stuff dont grow on trees ,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:49 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I've been loading 180's over either Accurate #5 or#9 Works good. I'm trying some loads with Alliant BE86, works real good in .357SIG, super clean powder.
!80"s I'm using are Berrys or polymer coated SNS, I have on hand some Hornady XTP's for when stuff gets rough. The SNS bullets can take the punishment without any residue left behind. I pushed them at 1500FPS in the Sig loads, nothing in the barrel.
I got brass from Diamond K in AZ. Just watch for Glock bulge.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:54 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

Rock islands seem to well worth the money.....I HAD a 45, 1911 plain Jane years back, I replaced the springs in the trigger group, and double recoil springs. Took it to the range and let it get 'shot in' by my police friends.... :kap: I had a bucket full of ammo, and they shot till their hands got tired!
She was really accurate and smooth trigger.....the brother in law has it now....long story there.....family... :roll:

Should be a shooter hogger!