[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - More RR memorabilia

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More RR memorabilia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:47 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Courtesy of the usual suspect, I scored this on a Euro auction site. Roskopf Chemin de Fer (French for RR) pocket watch. Face has a bad spot, but I have a parts Roskopf and might be able to swap it out. Very low price, so it's not a big deal to me. SW

pic1a.jpg
pic1a.jpg [ 25.55 KiB | Viewed 4710 times ]

Post subject: Re: More RR memorabilia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

really cool find , i love that kind of thing , congrats

not exactly sure who ended up with my great grandfathers RR watch or my great uncle's but i remember seeing them both back in the early 60s , GF was station master in Eureka Springs AK and GU was station master at Alliance NE , my great aunt was telegrapher at alliance - i recall getting to play with the key she had with my GU on short wave , dont know what happened to that either , i think it retired with her when the phone replaced the telegraphs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:53 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

My Grandfather carried a Waltham with a locomotive on the dial face. C.N.R. was marked below the locomotive. I believe these were company issued, which would be in line with Hogger's earlier mention of r/r employee's watches having to meet accuracy criteria.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:17 pm 

Got a box from Europe yesterday in which were these 2 RR items. Andrey bids for me on an auction site there.

A "Universum" pocket watch I took from the box happily ticking away. Also a French RR engineer's medal inscribed to "H. Gerard". The French had a medal for just about everything.

Chemin de Fer is RR in French. I didn't realize Republic of France medals were issued during the war, but we see here that they were. I thought about swapping parts around with the other Universum, but I can't get the back off and don't want to mess it up. There's a fine art to leaving well enough alone! ;) SW

RR 001 (2).JPG
RR 001 (2).JPG [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 4257 times ]

RR 002 (2).JPG
RR 002 (2).JPG [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 4257 times ]

RR 003 (2).JPG
RR 003 (2).JPG [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 4257 times ]

RR 004 (2).JPG
RR 004 (2).JPG [ 1.9 MiB | Viewed 4257 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:45 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

If I read my history correctly, most of the southwest of the country remained unoccupied for the duration.
Wonder what H.Gerard did that ended up in a medal being awarded....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

me too , that might be a very interesting story considering all that was going on in those days , i agree there is a fine line between restoration and desecration , one has to know what they are dealing with , no need to mess up an historic item , but i know so little of watches id not even venture to changing batteries these days - i got no eyes for close work anymore ,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:39 pm 

Just got this one from an expo in Europe - German RR belt buckle. Those Germs sure liked their regalia! But I have a shadow box I'm filling and it will go right in. SW

and1a.jpg
and1a.jpg [ 15.06 KiB | Viewed 3573 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:25 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Some of your recent photo attachments don't open here.
The ones that are a couple of weeks old, or older, seem to be fine.

That's a first for me- seeing a R/R wheel winged...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:33 am 

Pics not opening might be a PNG vs JPEG thing. I'll check into it. SW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im seeing it , the swastikas' was what i noticed , seems adolf wanted everything to be marked to his agenda ,

not much different than today really - im ready to dismiss anyone in a mask and im looking at all the recent armed car jackings here and ready to shoot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:48 pm 

Scored another Germ. RR grouping online. Time for a trip to hobby lobby and grab another shadow box. SW
picRR.jpg
picRR.jpg [ 258.19 KiB | Viewed 2047 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice , show us the end result ,